VW Beetle Forum banner

My new to me turbo s

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Dragonspirit12 
#1 ·
After many years away I am back in the family with my new 03 turbo s. I picked her up across state and as I got to know her on the drive home it was so amazing the difference it was to be back behind the wheel. I also noticed some unique changes that have been made and started a shopping list of what I want to do to make her my own. I can't wait to get it all done!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks like Sharona!

#3 · (Edited)
I got her in Shelton has a couple unusual features thats makes her destinctive. The take 5's are the most obvious, then there's the phatbox in the trunk, kenwood head unit, and somewhat disappointingly a non turbo s steering wheel. edit after looking through Sharona's thread I think your right, which is funny cause I told the dealer I got it from that I may have know the previous owner lol

#11 ·
To do list:
Fix idle surging - possible mass airflow sensor, or dirty get valve

Window washer tube - patched will need replaced

Etc light - no idea button does nothing will

Driver door lock - seems to be pretty fubar wont lock with remote, wont set off alarm when door opens, wont roll down windows when key is held in unlock

Gas flap - release wont latch pin seems to be missing gas cap tie also broken

Steering wheel - needs turbo s wheel back

Automatic spoiler - not working

Butt warmers - not working

Custom interior leather - replace the worn out stuff and make it like a cc with the new color

Audi tt vent mod - cause aluminium looks sharp

Black interior swap - delete light grey

Chip it - if it hasn't been done already

Paint or wrap - the paint on it looks so good I'm rethinking doing a paint job so maybe a wrap but since thats last theres plenty of time to think color vw bottle green LA6J/8V or similar

More to come as I remember and find any deeper issues

#12 ·
I'm just glad that Mutato's Turbo S is back in the Org family. I got a ride in it, so if you find my DNA, you'll know why.

#15 ·
I just got her back from the bug doctors yesterday for a couple minor things, with a few more things to fix as my money refills. One thing I thought was interesting was the check engine light came on and he asked if I was running poor quality gas. Ive always put premium in the tank but the last fill up was at 76 and I remember in my last beetle the one time I got gas at 76 it also threw a check light so I'm thinking I need to avoid 76 and stick to chevron. Other than that I got new front breaks and rotors and a new CV on the drivers side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.