VW Beetle Forum banner

my new toy u dont have!!! hehe

3K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  v-dubed 
#1 ·
mmm its a 1.8t cam gear... woot woot!!!!!!!!! and its blue and its adjustable... and im waiting for it to come in. it will be sweet!!!!!!!! and maybe ill make 5 hp:p

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
well which turbo??? stock bottom end gt30r... built gt35/40r. and idk how fast i am... i havent ran a 1/8th in like 3 years... i might race at bug in. but that if i get my car dynoed

#6 ·
v-dubed said:
well sorta its not actualy on... the car isnt finished yet... i need my manni.. and some other little things

I am very curious as to what your setup will be...

a gt30r can make 30psi boost...

what size of injectors will you run and what type of fuel control will you use..

How will you run big boost without the VW PCM preventing you?

Upgrading the fuel pump?

#8 ·
mmm actualy 43 psi of boost... im on stand alone... injector are 1000cc... but might get some 800... fuel pump aeromotive a1000. custom intake manni, full race exhaust manni,tial 44mm wg, pauter rods, custom aries pistons maybe not shure yet.. solid lifter conversion. aeb head... and maybe a 2.0 block.

#9 ·
v-dubed said:
mmm actualy 43 psi of boost... im on stand alone... injector are 1000cc... but might get some 800... fuel pump aeromotive a1000. custom intake manni, full race exhaust manni, pauter rods, custom aries pistons maybe not shure yet.. solid lifter conversion. aeb head... and maybe a 2.0 block.

a gt30r will not see 43psi of boost, this is what a 50trim turbo, for that you are talking a GT42 would make 40psi.... but the lag would be horrible...

what brand of a stand alone?

since the aeromitive a1000 isn't a intank such as a walbro pump, are you running a fuel cell?

This sounds like quite a project!!!

#10 ·
its actualy a gt3076r 84 trim /82 a/r, and it will see 43 psi billys sees 40 pounds.. and its o34 efi... and no im running a regualr tank right now...

#12 ·
billy made 500 on stock block. he is the fastest 1.8t. and bob quizzi made 718 on a gt35/40, and soder made 684 on a dbbt-61.
my car is a race car.. i wont hit boost intill 5 grand. hints the solid lifters. so will see

#13 ·
billy made 470 to be exact. i am planning on running the same set up. jerry from autoscope has an extra 1.8 bottom end i am going to have built. eat that biotch. ps. call me on sunday. i might be in rockwall.

jd

#14 ·
sweet... u can see my intercooler... u know u wont be able to autocross with the bt lol... turbos arnt here tho. their at casey's :mad: he is test fiting it on his dsm

#15 ·
v-dubed said:
billy made 500 on stock block. he is the fastest 1.8t. and bob quizzi made 718 on a gt35/40, and soder made 684 on a dbbt-61.
my car is a race car.. i wont hit boost intill 5 grand. hints the solid lifters. so will see

I had no idea that the 1.8 engine on the buggys had come this far!!!! Awesome!!! So what times and traps do these cars run?

here is a shot of my 50trim next to the stock hairdryer:

#20 ·
yup 1.8t is one bad boy... billy is the fastes 1.8t he runs 10's and soder. well he runs 12.4 but at 124 trap and that was on the untuned set up... and if jd is gettign a gt30r then me and jd will have the 2 most powerful street beetles around. and yes will will make u one to 1.8turbos... hpa's vr6tt can suck it!!!!! 1.8t for life!!!!

#21 ·
v-dubed said:
yup 1.8t is one bad boy... billy is the fastes 1.8t he runs 10's and soder. well he runs 12.4 but at 124 trap and that was on the untuned set up... and if jd is gettign a gt30r then me and jd will have the 2 most powerful street beetles around. and yes will will make u one to 1.8turbos... hpa's vr6tt can suck it!!!!! 1.8t for life!!!!
billy ran a 10.8 @ 135 mph. he should be faster now.

jd

#24 ·
i know a guy selling slicks for $150 bucks. orange 16: steelies with hoosiers on them. fatttt. about 1/2 tread left. they used to be billy's.

jd

#26 ·
i don't thik you understand. 4 wheels for $150. yes, we can paint your 2 pink. 1/2 it with me. he lives in plano.

jd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.