NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So if you have not noticed, I've been seriously pinning for a VW turbo with 6MT. I really wanted a Beetle TS cause I just love being "that guys that drives a Beetle". Especially since I'm not a little guy by any stretch of the imagination. So after, to me, was an exhaustive search I was faced with not the easiest choices. Buy one that needed...um...some special attention or deal with travel and/or shipping. Then I started to look outside the bug, pun intended. Found a couple of GLIs that I thought were nice. Those hold a special place since I dig the whole "sports sedan" oxymoron! LOL If you're keeping score, I just like just left of center. Any who, then I come across this little beauty. Pretty clean, actually really clean, mileage not too bad for what it is and actually newer than I though fit into my price range. Additional ramblige is a thread started by blackbeetle tugged at some nostalgia strings making me realize how much I've always wanted a Gold/Rabbit/GTI. So here she is, my new obsession. I've had a blast driving/working and learning from the Beetle. She is currently up for sale. She will still get TLC when needed, but more importantly she can rest and let the GTI take the 70 mile round trip commute in Dallas traffic!

deets:
Mk 2007 GTI (base model)
2.0T FSI
6MT

Mk5GTI_001.jpg

Mk5GTI_002.jpg

Mk5GTI_003.jpg

Mk5GTI_004.jpg

Mk5GTI_005.jpg

Mk5GTI_007.jpg

Mk5GTI_008.jpg

It's stock, which is nice, but I have plans to try to keep up with drag79stang! Kinda wish he didn't sell off all his old parts, bet I could've used some. Maybe not, your beetle is TSI right stang?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just so you all know, the upside down pic thing, drove me nuts until I gave up! Guess I'll have to go back to hosting them online instead of attaching!

·
Black Velvet
995 Posts
Just so you all know, the upside down pic thing, drove me nuts until I gave up! Guess I'll have to go back to hosting them online instead of attaching!
Good find.The GTI is just a fun car and I'm pretty sure sure you will have no trouble finding any mods for that car congrats!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bro! Oh fun just scratches the surface! I love this car! Aside from fun level 11, it really just gives some comforts beetles don’t, like usable sized sun visors! Lol I know, I’m basic, but that plus double din headunit opening just makes it a great slate to play with and enjoy!!

·
Black Velvet
995 Posts
Thanks bro! Oh fun just scratches the surface! I love this car! Aside from fun level 11, it really just gives some comforts beetles don’t, like usable sized sun visors! Lol I know, I’m basic, but that plus double din headunit opening just makes it a great slate to play with and enjoy!!
I feel you man don't get me wrong I love my Beetle and I am planning on keeping it, but I need a car that can be show and go and basically the GTI fits that mole which is why so set on getting one because I want to put some power on the car and it would be cool to have two show cars to compete in.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel you man don't get me wrong I love my Beetle and I am planning on keeping it, but I need a car that can be show and go and basically the GTI fits that mole which is why so set on getting one because I want to put some power on the car and it would be cool to have two show cars to compete in.
:werd: :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts