NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bugabu
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are just a few of my past rides. I just joined the Beetle forum because I found really nice Beetle
to fix up and modify. I had been in the car hobby showing muscle cars doing restos for about 27 years, I went from Chevy,Mopar,Ford and then Ramblers. The Ramblers were my biggest challenge and with all my experience I had a lot of success on the show field. Here are a few of my rides.I hope to bring my abilities to the new Beetle and and see if I can muster up a few awards.I had at least 65 cars pass my way and it wasn't about how I could own but experience. My bucket list runneth over.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,725 Posts
Love the Camaro, but I'll never understand why they would put beige paint on those rockin' cars! :D

·
Bugabu
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was the first three stage paint job I ever attempted.It was a slow process that took all day.It took me three months to block it out but the results were excellent. I made that into a 4 wheeled disc brake car using a 12 bolt rear end(3:73) off a 69 Z-28.That was back in 89'. The engine was a 327 L-79 and the tranny was a turbo 400,line lock and a 3000 rpm stall torque converter. The color was actually a Porsche color-almond poly. The rest of the Camaro was very stock. I gave it to my bro-in-law for his birthday.

·
Bugabu
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
...a few more rides I've had.06'Mustang GT(Kenny Bell SC-525rw,hp w/3:54),07'Mustang GT(Kenny Bell SC-535rw-hp w/3:73's),67'AMC Marlin 343 4v w/4spd-(1 0f 1200 built)My Tonka Pacer X : ) and my 67'R/T w/hemi(stock) 4spd.and a 66' Charger w/383 ported and polished heads purple grind cam shaft, 4spd 3:90's. I've been fortunate to have so many different cars,everyone of them were trophy winners and local and at national events. I have a couple of late model muscle cars but my 03' Beetle has really inspired me to restore it with an engine and tranny build and see if I can make an honest 300HP bug out of it. I have time and patience.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,130 Posts
Nice muscle cars; can you give us more specs on them? (e.g. motors, trans, mods etc)? Got any left or sell them all? I had a 73' Dodge Dart Sport/GT with a 340 and the shaker hood, for a little while. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice!! Parts of me wouldn't mind have an 05-09 GT, I really love the azure blue 03/04 Mach 1's but I just feel cramped in them.

We have a few fox fords in this household as well.

I have an 86 Mercury Capri 5.0, my wife has an 88 Mustang GT my son has an 04' 40th Mustang GT along my 07' Saab 9-3 as a daily and the Mrs 12 Turbo Beetle. Ill make a post later with some pics :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts