NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a car nut. Although the '13 beetle is the only foreign car in my collection I do love it. I am a die hard Chevy Man. Problem is for the money Chevy dosent make anything close tothe option as quality that I just got in my VW. Here are the rest of my cars:
2006 HHR 1LT, lowered, modded a bit - FOR SALE

1993 Camaro Z28 "UltraZ" - modded a lot and my baby

1956 Cevy 150 - RUSTED!! but ready for restoration:

I have also restored a 1963 Corvair monza turbo spyder for my mom, a 1962 Valiant and 1960 Dodge Seneca station wagon with my dad, and a 1930 Ford Model A which I helped resto 30 years ago and it is still in the family. all can be see here:
http://www.fquick.com/jaysz2893
Thr 56 chevy is all apart now and I am going to start work soon with my 14 year old son. It is going to be a crazy project. i am mixing a 1987 trans am withthe 56 and seeing what i get. He may be able to drive it to High School a litte. When I was his age I helped my dad restore my 1962 Impala and I got to drive it senior year. It was awesome an i miss that car..

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I am loving the classic cars...wish I could restore a few myself; but that requires a little extra in the finances department than I have (after all, I'm a Nillionaire-I have no extra money whatsoever) ;)

Keep the pics coming on that restoration. I love to live vicariously through other people's mods :D (btw, love the Chevette. I had a lemon yellow one shortly after hubby and I got together. Got it for $300 and drove it until the engine blew).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am loving the classic cars...wish I could restore a few myself; but that requires a little extra in the finances department than I have (after all, I'm a Nillionaire-I have no extra money whatsoever) ;)

Keep the pics coming on that restoration. I love to live vicariously through other people's mods :D (btw, love the Chevette. I had a lemon yellow one shortly after hubby and I got together. Got it for $300 and drove it until the engine blew).
Lol, yeh my Chevette.. I put 60,000 miles on it in 1.5 years. I was the only friend in my group with a car and that thing went everywhere. I sold out to my neighbor for his daughter. A tree fell on it during a storm at the summer camp she worked at. Was kind of sad. As for the restorations, I save a lot of money doing most of the work. I also restore them as drivrrs , not concours show cars. Most of the time once they are running and drivable I slowly fix the cosmetic stuff. I find this much more enjoyable and cost effective. The plan for the 56 is 5 years completion but driveable in 2. Will be probabally making a website just for the project.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Nice collection!

I had a boyfriend in HS who drove a 55 Chevy, so I will always have a soft spot for the 55-57 era.

I, myself, drove a used 77 Monte Carlo for a few years in the 80s. The thing was a tank. While inside, it was nice and luxurious, but it wasn't pretty from the outside. The body was rusting off....... :eek:

I'd like to see the transformation with your 56. :)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
You be got to post the website here so we can all follow when you do. My lemon yellow chevette had a soft spot in my heart too. Idk why but it did.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts