NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have only had my car for three weeks. I made the big mistake of deciding to drive to Georgetown instead of taking the Metro. An idiot hits me in the back with a Jeep Wrangler while I was stationary waiting to merge into traffic. Well I couldn't keep my composure and jumped out of my car screaming at the man. He tried to get off saying it's just a scratch..um whoa wait a minute. He cracked my bumper. Now it was just cosmetic and the crack is less than 2 inches but still...a senseless accident. So I contacting his insurance and looks like there is trouble with his insurance. I am kind of worried and unsure what they will be doing to repair it. I just want her to look like she did before the bump. Does anyone know what the body shop will do?

Sad Beetle Driver

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
You reacted the same way I probably would have. How dare he hit your beloved New Beetle! :mad:

The good thing, you're OK. Best of luck in the repair. Give your NB a kiss from me. :(

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
I've been bumped twice from behind in the Beetle - thankfully no damage, but its amazing some people's lack of respect for other people's property.

What do you mean by there is a problem with his insurance? If he was driving without insurance, I'd report him to the police.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
What carrier do you have for your insurance?

My '00 was rear-ended (severely) in '03, and I went through the other person's insurance for repairs. Wasn't the best idea, a lot of hassle.

Talk with your agent about having them do the work, and then your carrier will go after the hitter's insurance co. for reimbursement.

-Des

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I talked to his insurance company and at the time of the accident, which was Fri he was not insured. The man is going down. I am going to report him for being uninsured and sue him for repairs to my car. It was a stupid accident. I am still steamed about it if you can't tell. I am still in disbelief. I was sitting there stationary and boom into my car. I will keep you updated.

Getting even NBC driver

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Please install a rear fog when you are done. Rodney got his name for being rear ended so many times its not funny, but a rear red fog did make it stop.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Insurance

Check your auto insurance to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage. If you do you policy will pay for the repairs, and then they will go after the other driver for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got just barely rear ended ( just scratched the paint) and my quote was about $450 to get it fixed. They said that it takes alot of labor to get the rear bumper off in these cars. Hopefully everything works out well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well here is the update. My insurance company is taking over and I have uninsured motorist insurance so the man is going down.

Candace

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
What a numbskull.
I had my 01 for about two weeks and this stupid idiot in a ratty truck bumped by bumper and her stupid plate bolt put a little sliver hole in my bumper...man was I pissed.

Then 3 weeks after I got my 03, a freaking street sweeper puts a 2 inch long scrape on my bumper.

People suck when they drive and you have to watch them...I guess that is why I paranoid when I drive and why I park a zillion miles from everyone else.

Bring that idiot down in flames!!!

·
Banned
866 Posts
a trend of daisy bugs...

it seems all of us who have a beetle we name daisy has crash problems. mine was an accident but it was front hood and bumper. the body shop i went to (in kentucky) he said he could fix each bumper scratches for 100 or so dollars each. whihc is cheap, plus that includes repainted the entire car section! woo. hope u get it fixedwithout any problems!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Here's another Daisy story....

I got her one year ago November and scratched her back bumper good in January. No dents, just some nasty scrapes that went through the paint. Plus someone dinged me in the passenger side door and there's some more bad scratches on the corner of the door. :eek: A very reputable body shop estimates the damages at just over 1k. I guess they have to take off the whole back bumper and they want to replace the passenger door. I'm saving my money so Daisy can look like her old self again. I really don't mind putting all this money into her since she's still new and I'm expecting the diesel engine to run for a long time.

Cori

1 - 14 of 14 Posts