NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As so many of you have asked, ive now borrowed a laptop to to post my pic's/ story up.
My 1st Bug was bought in 1990 & was my 1st car.

this is my Friend & an Ex with my 1st Bug in 1993

This is how it left me in 2008 needed to sell to get my Subaru fixed.. I miss her.
(I have a Whole Album in my parents house of this car, but these are the only pics on line I can find)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Any way back to NOW.
in 2009 I bought my Bug,
2000 model, 2lt, standard. no mods, no extra package.
pic was after a few days of cleaning as was very sad state :(

then I lowered her by about 45mm on the front & 40mm on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
Looks great! Once you get the Bug, you have it for a long time!

Welcome to the Org! :party:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a few plans for this Beetle, but unfortunately, my current job Doesn't pay well enough for what I would like to do..
But im getting there on a Budget :D

I need to sort a few minor issues out on the engine,
I need to sort out some New Tyres
I would like to Lower a bit More
I would like New interior,
I would like New Radio & Speakers,
Maybe new wheels,
the list is endless lol

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
YAY!!! I can reply here now :D

Your beetle is looking good...I know that from what I've experienced so far with Iggy over the last few months, the list of things you want to do never ends...lol

I love your first beetle too, the yellow on the rims to match the body, are those inserts, or painted drums, or what? Me likey. Too bad you had to sell to fix the Subaru :(; but I'm glad you got yourself back in a beetle pretty quickly.

Keep having fun with it and keep the pics coming...we all love to see pics :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they Was painted drums...

The 2nd pic the car had stood still for over 6 years (as was trying to save money to get welding done) for an M.O.T.

Subaru was sold about 6 months after the pic was taken. I did get a VW Polo, but wasn't me. So got the Bug ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Subaru was sold about 6 months after the pic was taken. I did get a VW Polo, but wasn't me. So got the Bug ;-)
Good decision ;)

I had a 1990 blue Subaru Loyale station wagon that was given to me by my Mother-in-law when she got a newer car. I have to say that even though it was not at all what I wanted in a car, it served it's purpose and lasted forever. It kept going like the energizer bunny until my oldest daughter got ahold of it and wrecked it a few times then blew the engine (one of many that she went through and the longest lasting of all that she was ever trusted with...good old Subaru...they last like a Timex). We used to call it The Blue Roo. I never named it or did anything to mod it; but, that is one car that the whole family had a soft spot for. Iggy is the first car I've ever assigned a gender or a name to and the first car I have ever done any modification to. These little round cars bring out the kid in all of us I guess :D.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is my Subaru

about 3 months after buying it & changing the wheels.

and here after about 4-5 years later.

the only thing I miss is the Noise (But Nighttrain, says I can get that from my BUG)
& I Miss the FLAMES out the exhaust :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
about 3 months after buying it & changing the wheels.

and here after about 4-5 years later.

the only thing I miss is the Noise (But Nighttrain, says I can get that from my BUG)
& I Miss the FLAMES out the exhaust :D
Like...wow. Mine definitely did not look that sweet. It was just a generic little old lady blue station wagon...lol. You certainly made it look way different than it did when you got it, that's for sure. I kinda like the idea of flames out the exhaust. Wonder if I could make Iggy do that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like...wow. Mine definitely did not look that sweet. It was just a generic little old lady blue station wagon...lol. You certainly made it look way different than it did when you got it, that's for sure. I kinda like the idea of flames out the exhaust. Wonder if I could make Iggy do that?
Cheers.
& I do have a video on PHOTOBUCKET of the flames..
But cant seem to copy the link etc....
otherwise I would post it. :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Surprisingly, I really like the look. For some reason my eyes immediately saw the "don't be a dick" sticker...lol. Can't wait to see more :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
43K and counting...
59 Posts
Nice beetle! And I am in love with your old bug. I want an old one to add to the collection! What does it say under the decal in your window?? I like it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts