NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 bug that I just plati-dipped the wheels. I have to say I am very impressed with how they turned out and I highly recommend plasti-dip. This is my first bug btw iv'e had it for 3 days now and love it such an awesome car.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am still in the process of "getting ready to Plasti-dip" my wheels. Please keep us posted on how well your holds up. Wish you had posted pics of the process!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still in the process of "getting ready to Plasti-dip" my wheels. Please keep us posted on how well your holds up. Wish you had posted pics of the process!
I have a friend who has a mustang and he has had his wheels dipped for over a year and they look just as good as the day they were plasti-dipped also go on YouTube and look up dip your car on YouTube and they make great tutorials on plasti-dip I learned how to do mine through their tutorial here is the link for the video
PlastiDip on Rims - New Brake Masking System! - YouTube

·
Registered
191 Posts
I work with a guy that did his jeep wheels. He also goes for the off road mudding bit and they are holding up to that.

Looks good OP! I like the center cap contrast as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plasti-dip comes in spray paint cans you just mask off the brakes and spray about 4 coats of it on the wheels and your good to go

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
I have an 05 bug that I just plati-dipped the wheels. I have to say I am very impressed with how they turned out and I highly recommend plasti-dip. This is my first bug btw iv'e had it for 3 days now and love it such an awesome car.
Very impressive!! Your Bug looks great :D
I have the same wheels as you, you are making me think about using some plasti dip on them :cool:

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i like them a lot. for more of a contrast, try peeling off the splines and really make them stand out.

-jd

·
We've only got 4 Minutes!
295 Posts
How many cans did you use? Can you post more pictures? I have the same rims and I'm thinking about doing mines as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts