NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..not new to the forum but don't think I have ever post. This is my second beetle...despite all the money I have spent on repairs...I LOVE my car. however, letting my son practice driving...he ran into a curb and now the black thing underneath is ripped off. Sorry for the lack of technical terms...I love my bug, plan on keeping it a long time, but need that fixed. She's family...she belongs...

Easy to fix, not too expensive to repair? Please help! Thank you!

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Hi..not new to the forum but don't think I have ever post. This is my second beetle...despite all the money I have spent on repairs...I LOVE my car. however, letting my son practice driving...he ran into a curb and now the black thing underneath is ripped off. Sorry for the lack of technical terms...I love my bug, plan on keeping it a long time, but need that fixed. She's family...she belongs...

Easy to fix, not too expensive to repair? Please help! Thank you!
Hey good that you are posting! I did the same thing to my second NB, It only cost me 120 dollars to get it replaced. Got any pictures of your ride???

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
The black plastic piece under your car really does nothing to protect your engine. You can go without or get a real skidplate made of aluminum from VW TDI timing belts, aluminum VW skid plates, VW short shift kits, VW G60 clutch, and Race Pipes by www.dieselgeek.com or a stainless steel one from another company (can't remember the name now). The dealer charged me $200 (couple years ago) to replace the plastic one when I could have had a real one installed for $300 (last summer). The plastic one will NOT survive rocks or a chunk of ice.

Have fun with your bug and good luck to your son!:D

·
Lay Lady Lay
968 Posts
I echo CoryBug's sentiments - it's fine to go without as the plastic does little to protect.

If you want to replace it with the stock plastic I say go to the junkyard and pick the piece off yourself and save about $100! But then again - that's just me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts