NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I hope someone can help me out. I have a new beetle and ever since I bought it I experience turbo chatter. Then suddenly about 2 months ago it just stopped chattering, power was decreased and just isn't running the same. I have found numerous threads stating that the chatter was from the turbo and was normal, but what does it mean when it suddenly stops? Also keep throwing codes about mass intake something or other. Clear the codes and the light stays off for about a wk or 2 then comes on again.... What is going on? Just had new turbo installed about 1 yr ago.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Many Thanks,
Carla:bunny:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,974 Posts
Chatter? I've not heard any chatter from my turbo. There is a bit of a "Whoosh" type noise but no chatter.

It would help to have the exact code that is thrown.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sounds like maybe you didn't put in the same turbo as factory? The little turbos that VW uses don't make a chatter noise like the turbo on a big truck engine sometimes does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess you could say it was a fluttering sound that I use to hear.. I know the car has been giving me all kinds of trouble lately.

Replaced Coolant Temp Sensor, valves, turbo, coil all just recently.

Started getting EPC light and check engine light. Of course when this happens the car dies and I have to stop and restart it for it to go again.

Last night I got a check engine light with a code of 1276. which I think means low coolant flow, whatever that could be. cleared code and haven't had it the light come on again yet.

Also, almost always the car kinda studders (like if it had a carb then maybe something was in the jet, or air in the gas line or something) where it feels like the car is going to quit.

I love my car but man I am sick of these crazy problems that just wont go away.. If I get any new codes I will post them and maybe someone could give me ideas what to check.

THanks
Carls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts