NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after gettting rid of my last NB,I was lost. I tried the BMW scene, but someone changed that for me.So, my car got vanalized and had to go find another one. I was test driving a 2010 GTI, and looked to my left and there it was. Just got traded in at a Toyota dealer. It has only 54,000 miles and in great shape. I negotiated the price down $2,900 and drove it home. It also came with a 2 year warranty.
I haven't done to much to it. I did get a complete TB/WP job done and added a hardened rear motor mount. Also, I did get to add APR Stage 1, too. I'm in the process of getting more parts to do Stage 2.
I can't figured out a name, yet. My wife calls it, my "damn scooter".
Even the kids are calling it "Scooter".

Anyways, here it is...

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Nice PG TS. Kinda looks a little familiar.??????? How do you like the APR tune?
And whats it gonna take to get you to come out to T.o.D. in May???
That TS would look even better cruisin up US129 with 50 other Beetles.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice PG TS. Kinda looks a little familiar.??????? How do you like the APR tune?
And whats it gonna take to get you to come out to T.o.D. in May???
That TS would look even better cruisin up US129 with 50 other Beetles.
Well, I love the APR tuning. The turbo lag is almost non exsistant. The power band is larger and a lot of pull off of line. I can't wait until stage 2.
I'm already planning on TOD 5. The only thing holding me back, would be my financial consultant, AKA wife.
My future plans for the TS are, 3" downpipe (got it) and 2.5" exhaust, Stage 2 tune, brake upgrade, lowering springs.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scooter looks great Kurt! That was a sweet deal you got too.

Hope to see you at T.o.D. come May.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App
Thanks, Al. They were asking too much for it. I Told them I wasn't paying that much, it was over the blue book value. They didn't believe me and had to go check for themselves. Then the loan company made them drop the price another $500 or they wasn't going to finance it.
I'm still planing on making it in May. Especially since I live only 1.5 hours away.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Thanks, Al. They were asking too much for it. I Told them I wasn't paying that much, it was over the blue book value. They didn't believe me and had to go check for themselves. Then the loan company made them drop the price another $500 or they wasn't going to finance it.
I'm still planing on making it in May. Especially since I live only 1.5 hours away.
It's pretty sweet, seeing the average guy get the upper hand on a car salesman. Some to many can be slime. Power to the people mang!

Yeah, you really need to come to T.O.D. You'll really discover what our new beetles are engineered to do. You'll have an industrial sized application of perma-grin on your face from the experience:D.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I'm already planning on TOD 5. The only thing holding me back, would be my financial consultant, AKA wife.
If you get her on board she will want to return every year

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Even if you guys can only make the Saturday drive, you'll have a blast.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
Amazing! You still have the TS vase! But, is the RF corner scratched?

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
Haha....it looks just like a huge scratch. Now, what is wrong with it, for omg, $2900?????

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
That's a great price for this car! Glad you're back in a beetle where you belong :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, not $2,900, I got them to drop the price down $2,900. It was over book value. In my area, book value for 04 TS w/54,000 miles is $9,600.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Have fun with your new new beetle. They are way too fun to drive. Hope you do make it to ToD in May...I will be there with Iggy. I'm at work right now so can't see the pix, will have to re-visit when I get home in the morning :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sweet ride!!!

Like everyone else has said, you've gotta come on out to TOD 5!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts