NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Ken for members here that don't know me; and my wife's name is Cheryl (Cherbug on here). She has been having issues with her mitral valve for some time,and they decided to go ahead on Oct. 16th to replace the valve with a mechanical one at St. Joseph's Hosp. in Syracuse, NY. Everything went great at that time & was initially sent home Oct 22nd. Everything was OK for awhile but on Oct 27th she wasn't feeling well so we took her to the ER at St. Lukes Hosp. & found out she was in A-Fib heart rhythm & rapid heartbeat. She was given some kind of cardio shock treatment & that put her heart back into a normal rhythm & sent home Oct 29th. On Oct 31st she started to have the same symptoms at home so we took her back to the ER at St. Luke's. Later that evening it was determined she needed to go back to St Joe's & was transported by ambulance that evening to St. Joe's ER (3 ER's in one week--ughh!) .They did a sonogram & a Cat scan & found out she had a buildup of fluid around her heart; so they ended up removing about 12 oz. of fluid. I just got home from visiting her today & I can happily say her heart rhythm & heart rate is all normal now! She looks & sounds SO MUCH BETTER! To the people here who I initially told this to: THANK YOU SO MUCH for your thoughts & prayers!!!! If anyone would like to send her a get well card (which I was asked for the address earlier)she would really appreciate it; here is our address:
Cheryl Robinson
218 Higby Rd
Utica,NY 13501
her email address is: [email protected]
I will be happy when she is back home...again....Thanks to anyone who can send get well wishes...
Ken R.
(p.s. to the mods-hopefully this post is OK; if not that's fine just let me know why)

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Ken, I am sorry to hear of the heart issues of your wife. I hope they have finally took care of the issue.

Please let her know I care, and I hope for a quick, and longterm, recovery.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
in my prayers

Ken, let Cheryl know she is in my prayers for a quick recovery and the beetle family is behind her.

Ed - 02SilverSport

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Sending prayers AND happy thoughts your way straight from Tennessee ;)
Very glad to hear Cheryl is on the road to recovery and doing much better now.

Take care,

Sandi
:D

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for kind words & well wishes! I will be leaving the house shortly to go visit her in the hosp. She will have the laptop with her today :)

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
I hope Cheryl has a quick and safe recovery. Best of fortune to you both.

Chef

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheryl back home AGAIN; after having to go back to the hosp to drain 12 oz of fliud around her heart & 32 oz. around her lungs. All of that fluid was causing her heart to go into a-fib; doing much better now-thanks!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Glad Cheryl is home. She, you and your family will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Always risky with heart surgery. St. Joe's in Syracuse has an excellent record for heart surgery. But with all things, it's hard to know what each person's reaction to the surgery will be. Side effects can be either long and painful, or none at all?

In my own case St. Joe's hospital health center in Syracuse, NY did my open heart surgery a few years ago. Had a good size heart attack that did some considerable damage. Wound up having a quad bypass and then a pacer/deflib implant several months later. (Same issue...A-Fib, and my heart decides to go off to the races at the oddest of times.)

I'm glad the wife is doing well. As a member of the "Cardiac Club"? Please let her know we extend all the best wishes for a great recovery--and as incident free as possible.

S-

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I'll have to keep tabs on this since I'll have to go in for aortic valve replacement in the future. Glad things are getting better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts