NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's 2012 Beetle, our last VW ever!!!

My wife's car has been in the shop for rattles inside, outside, bad power windows 6 times. And now, 2k miles out of warranty, a "mechanical vacuum pump" falls apart, and oil runs out everywhere. $900 the mech says. He says bad part, same as used on last model Beetle. So needless to say, I'm paying to get it fixed, and this will be the last VW we buy... And he recomended filing a claim with VWOA, which we will. Owners beware...

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Keep in mind, that the 2012 was a "First Year Model", much like the 1998. Many "bugs" to be worked out. Know what I mean?

I want a B12+ Beetle, but it will not be a 2012, only a later year. I'm sorry to hear of the gremlins. Definately, file that claim. It can't hurt.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
If the vacuum pump has any control over an emissions related system. The factory warranty has nothing to do with it. It's covered under a federal emissions warranty. Most dealerships are praying people do not know that little 'detail', as it can cost them hundreds of dollars in free repairs.

I'm not sure what the warranty period for federal is at this time, so it's worth checking out.

S-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts