NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically, what is the actual part name for the running board type body peice that runs from wheel well to wheel well just under each door?:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
technically it's called the CURB FINDER.
Yes, I know!:eek:

I need a new one on the passenger side.

I am just thankful it was my husband who curbed it and not me.

I am looking for part and approximate cost to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
It's not a body part. It's body "work". :(

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
And my husband was happy it was me and not him...go figure.I didn't replace it cause it's gonna get covered under a new body part I picked up at a show used.Now if the hubby would only paint them to match we could put them on.I would try e-bay under rocker panel for NB. good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I was told on another VW forum it was a detachable body part that had to be replaced by the dealer. I was just trying to find one so I would know what to expect price wise.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
racerdeb said:
Okay, I was told on another VW forum it was a detachable body part that had to be replaced by the dealer. I was just trying to find one so I would know what to expect price wise.
I'm sure its a part - but it has to be welded in - its not a bolt on/off part. So unless you can weld sheet metal (which is tricky) you'll have to get a body shop to do the work - and they should have a source for the part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I understand about the welding. I did find the parts on line at 1stVWparts.com and at a reasonable price as compared to the dealer. Now I can get my body guy that help us keep our paint on the '65 Mustang looking showroom quailty fine, to spray and attach the panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts