NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just repaired the window regulator on my 2001 NB on the driver's side. I removed the window from the door and am at loss on how it goes back in! I think I unhooked the window from the clips, dropped the clips and lowered the rear bottom corner of the door and pulled the glass up and out. I can't seem to get it to go back - any hints?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
The whole inner panel gets bolted in without the glass attached. There are 2 holes that you move the regulator to that give you access to the bolts to hold the window to the regulator.

If I remember right, you put the bottom of the panel in first and them get the top in place. It's been a couple of months since I did mine, so it's not all the fresh in my memory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did get it. Turns out you don't need to remove the glass if you can pull it up, just tape it to the top of the window frame in the upright position. I've got it all together, almost - just need to get the outside door handle working. A minor detail!

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Door handle is pretty cake. Just have to make sure you don't have too much tension on the cable when you insert it into the handle.

As long as the locking mechanism didn't snap off the regulator assembly when you reinstalled it, you should be fine. When I did this, I had to re-rivet it together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts