VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I was wondering what you all might suggest for a mild headlight bulb upgrade. I've seen the high dollar setups on ebay and the like, don't have the bucks to do that. I've polished the lenses out and they look pretty good but the lights still seem a bit inadequate. Typically I run the fogs at night which helps. Suggestions? Thanks, Dave

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Have you considered the Sylvania H1 Silver Stars?

Also the lenses of the stock headlights will develop micro-fractures from the repetitive heating/cooling during normal use and those tiny fractures will diffuse the light.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Called crazing, these micro cracks ruin light output - kills any precision in the beam and cannot be corrected. Because crazing runs through all the lens, no amount of polishing, buffing, "headlight restoration", or brighter bulbs can save them - just have to bite the bullet and replace with factory originals. Don't waste your time/money on anything but true OEM headlight assemblies.
Have you considered the Sylvania H1 Silver Stars?

Also the lenses of the stock headlights will develop micro-fractures from the repetitive heating/cooling during normal use and those tiny fractures will diffuse the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts