NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retro/Techno
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I get kicked off of AOL from home when I try to access the ORG? They seem to be fighting. Most times it kicks me off when opening the home page. Sometimes I can get past the homepage but it kicks me off when it begins to open whatever second page I choose to click on. What gives?

Just for reference, I've never been able to log on to the Org from my home PC with my AOL dial up connection.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
AOHell!I dont really have a prob with the org at home though and have AOL but I dont have dial up.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
my suggestion is this: log in / dial up whatever with AOL. then minimize it. then start up a non-AOL internet browser like IE (internet explorer) or firefox and visit newbeetle.org that way. that should fix it. another orger had this problem and this solution worked for them. AOL is the problem, methinks. :)

·
Retro/Techno
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, AOL is not my choice. My partner choose it years ago. Having an arts background makes me cringe everytime I open graphics through AOL; they do something to them to reduce bandwidth so all photos look like junk. We have been considering upgrading to cable-provided service, but in our city the only provider is Adelphia and they blow. I refuse to give them any more money than our basic cable package.

·
Retro/Techno
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
callisto9 said:
my suggestion is this: log in / dial up whatever with AOL. then minimize it. then start up a non-AOL internet browser like IE (internet explorer) or firefox and visit newbeetle.org that way. that should fix it. another orger had this problem and this solution worked for them. AOL is the problem, methinks. :)
Oh, good idea! I'll try it.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
silverspeedbuggy said:
Trust me, AOL is not my choice. My partner choose it years ago. Having an arts background makes me cringe everytime I open graphics through AOL; they do something to them to reduce bandwidth so all photos look like junk. We have been considering upgrading to cable-provided service, but in our city the only provider is Adelphia and they blow. I refuse to give them any more money than our basic cable package.
Goto "settings"

Goto "Internet [web] options"

Click "Never compress graphics"

Click "save"

Then clear your cache and cookies.

The pictures will then look normal. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
I second Erin's suggestion for using a "regular" web browser. I'd recommend Firefox, but even IE is a big improvement over AOL's built-in browser.

If I were you, I'd take this suggestion ALL the time, and not just when I'm on NewBeetle.org. Web developers these days basically target three browsers: IE, Firefox, and Safari. if you're not using one of them, then chances are good the site you're visiting won't operate as expected.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
silverspeedbuggy said:
I have Adelphia for my cable modem and no TV service with them. I pay $24.95 per month for a 300K connection. They don't advertise it, you have to ask for it. To save even more money, I bought my own modem for $35 intead of paying $3 per month to lease one. How much do you pay for AOL? :)

·
TDI Lover
230 Posts
I use AOL with Adelphia Broadband and never have any problems every now and then i have to reboot the modem because it slows down but never have any problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts