NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Im really confused on this one. Is it going to be in production, or was it just a concept. Resion for asking is if its actuily coming out. IM STARTING TO SAVE TODAY!!!
Sorry if this has already been answerd, i just cant seem to find the resorces.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
I'm confused as well when I came upon this post and image....

(yes this is old, but I hadn'd seen a red one before)
http://www.germancarblog.com/2005/11/vw-ragster-pictures.html

It's said that the VW Ragster is going to be really produced. CarSpyShots now has some pics to bring this great car back to your mind.

So I ask - is this a good photoshop?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
It should be fairly easy to have one built in the aftermarket if VW decides not to go down this path. I personally don't think they are going to do it.

·
Lawlesseyes
45 Posts
Ragster photo

Ragster concept A.jpg

While at the stealership this afternoon, I was browsing through their calendar and came across this photo of the Ragster.
Hot looking car!!! :)

·
old school
500 Posts
I don't think it will be produced.

That was a 2005 concept.
It will be 2007 in 4 months.

I'll eat my cabin filter if it comes back.
You can quote me on that.
:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
It seems to take them at least that long to go from concept to production. On the other hand it seems these concepts only serve to show us a few key styling elements to upcoming models or refreshes.

The Ragster was our first look at the new styling changes for the 2006 New Beetle minus the roof.

The Concept A was our first look at the Tiguan, again with only a few styling cues actually making it to production.

The IROC concept will be our first look at the Scirocco and I'm sure the same will apply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts