NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NBC 1.8T
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place in the forum for this; apologies all 'round if not...

Even though I live in Newfoundland, Canada, we are exposed to a lot of U.S. advertisiting. (I have an ExpressVU dish.)

Anyway, I haven't seen any TV ads for the NB or NBC. Just wondering if there is a link to TV ads and other advertising for VW's. Years ago I remember seeing a VW ad for a Rabbit GTI that showed the car coming up to a fork in the road and the driver chooses the "long route". Pretty cool, and the song was "No Particular Place to Go..." Anybody else remember that?

Regards,
Alison

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I don't remember that one! But I DO see the new Passat ad that's set to a showtune about "Thank you," and it goes over all the new safety features of the passat! There are no current running beetle ads, the most famous one was about the Roman Aquaducts.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I remember when the New Beetles came out there were a lot of commercials for them. Haven't seen any lately but I expect with the '06's coming out they'll play some more so more people know about the slight changes made. They play new Passat and new Jetta commercials like crazy now. I hope the little '06 NBs get the same good exposure! I finally saw one last week...red '06 NBC. They are gorgeous! can't wait until they get to a dealership near me so I can go see one in person and test drive one ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I doubt that we will see dedicated New Beetle ads. The NB did it's job, luring people back to VW dealerships. :rolleyes:

I recently saw a commercial, where the student driver was trying to parellel park, and bumps into a Cyber Green NB. The instructor rolls his eyes, whips out a lime green Sharpie, and the student does a quick touch-up job on the bumper.

They could have used a Neon, right? ;)

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
TurboBeetleGurl said:
If anybody hurts my NBC, they better come back at me with something better than a Sharpie!!
:runnethov
DITTO!

Along the lines of this thread....does anyone have a list of all the songs used in VW and NB commercials?? I only know of Polyphonic Spree and Nick Drake. I know there's others though. I'd like to compile my own collection of these songs.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
It was just a commercial, folks. I didn't write the thing! ;)

(And, you can bet, I'd feel the same!)

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I've seen the CG NB-Sharpie ad.

There ARE new New Beetle ads relating to the Force of Good campaign. Basically take your foes and take the new beetle, make it "real-life theatre" and volia: they were on MTV, but I've only seen one and it was some time ago.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
kcfoxie said:
I've seen the CG NB-Sharpie ad.

There ARE new New Beetle ads relating to the Force of Good campaign. Basically take your foes and take the new beetle, make it "real-life theatre" and volia: they were on MTV, but I've only seen one and it was some time ago.
They haven't aired very often at all. I've seen more Passat ads than anything. They like pushing that, but not their modern classic. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
FineExampl said:
They haven't aired very often at all. I've seen more Passat ads than anything. They like pushing that, but not their modern classic. :rolleyes:
$27,000 max price car (hardtop or vert, I do believe), $27,000 base price car (no dual climate control!)... which one would you shell out the bucks to advertise? :D

Nah.. it's business sense, sadly the beetle's so known it needs little advertising. It would be nice if they showed how sporty it is with that new inline 5!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
kcfoxie said:
$27,000 max price car (hardtop or vert, I do believe), $27,000 base price car (no dual climate control!)... which one would you shell out the bucks to advertise? :D

Nah.. it's business sense, sadly the beetle's so known it needs little advertising. It would be nice if they showed how sporty it is with that new inline 5!
That's what i mean though. I understand it NEEDS no ads, but shoot, with a redesign you'd think they'd want to remind people it's there, but now it's bigger and better.

I think with the amount of money the company is worth they should stop worrying about certain things and just advertise certain things like the fuel efficiency stuff. That is one of the things that sold me on the Beetle aside from my "problem" with Beetles.

·
ProRally Champ
171 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
needs no ads?

I'm no so sure about "needs no ads". I understood that the sales numbers have been dropping for the last several years. They made some nice improvements in the 2006 models -- they should do something with them.

If you haven't been to your local dealer lately, drop in and ask to look at a 2006. When we did this, they gave us a book with an interactive DVD. Pretty cool. It shows a couple of professional yo-yoers who hit the road in a NBC, visit all sorts of cool places in New England, and do a yo-yo show in NYC. You can detour along the way to see the new features of the '06 models.

Guaranteed to be a valuable collectible on eBay in a couple of years, right?

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Hi!

I saw one at about 11pm for the 06 when I was babysitting several months ago. It featured an NBC(of course) facing off against a can of sardines in a Roman stadium, like on the Force of Good mini site. I laughed my head off!! That's the only one I've seen. A little more advertising would be nice. The NB has really improved and won a few awards and the only commercials are for the Jetta, Passat and Toureg. However, I subscribe to Real Simple and VW put a funny and cute ad in there for the Bug. That was a nice surprise.:D

cori

1 - 14 of 14 Posts