NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a NBC 1.8T & absolutely love it.

A little problem I have with it is the rubber seal around the boot/trunk has split. I have searched on the net & can't find anything about it.

I would like to get it fixed before it gets worse. Any advice is most welcomed!

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
Not sure what you mean by split but my recommendation would be to just replace it with a new one.
The part number is 1Y0 827 703B SEAL and you can get it from a dealer or online from ecstuning.com or worldimpex.com for $133.00

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
There you go!

Not sure what you mean by split but my recommendation would be to just replace it with a new one.
The part number is 1Y0 827 703B SEAL and you can get it from a dealer or online from ecstuning.com or worldimpex.com for $133.00
x2! But shop around, I find online parts vary by as much as double from the lowest price to the highest. No one reseller has the market cornered on low prices. One may be the lowest price on one part, and the highest price on another. I have a list of ten, twelve, or more. P/m me for the list, as everytime I post it, I get a lot of smart-ass comments! lol

MORAV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
x2! But shop around, I find online parts vary by as much as double from the lowest price to the highest. No one reseller has the market cornered on low prices. One may be the lowest price on one part, and the highest price on another. I have a list of ten, twelve, or more. P/m me for the list, as everytime I post it, I get a lot of smart-ass comments! lol

MORAV
Thanks for your help...I would be interested in replacing the whole thing. When I say split, the rubber seal has torn with a 8cm "rip". It looks like the previous owner had trouble getting something in/out of the boot and its torn it.

MORAV, I am interested in the online parts suppliers and have PM'd you.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Thanks for your help...I would be interested in replacing the whole thing. When I say split, the rubber seal has torn with a 8cm "rip". It looks like the previous owner had trouble getting something in/out of the boot and its torn it.

MORAV, I am interested in the online parts suppliers and have PM'd you.
Replied. (Now I'm sure your on the other side of the pond!)

M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts