NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 NBC with monsoon. The right door speaker is blown and I want to replace it. I talked to an advisor at Crutchfield and he was not sure what to recommend. He was not sure of the depth in the door. Can anyone suggest what might fit? Thanks in advance!

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Hmm that's odd. There are several members that have guided me to crutchfield for my monsoon door speakers. If you do a search on the website for your setup it will show you a replacement. The recommend replacement should work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I called Crutchfield and the advisor said they had nothing that would fit. What do you have in yours?

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
I still have my stock blown speakers! I recently just went through the headache of bypassing my amp(I have an aftermarket deck and the amp kept draining my battery!)

Not sure what the representative was talking about. Maybe he was saying they dont have any direct bolt in replacements. These will fit, but you will need to modify the spacer for them to fit. I dont know the size of the speaker in your door, but they have 2 sizes. These should have no problem fitting(clearing the window)!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also had problems with crutchfield for my monsoon speakers. What I did was go to my friendly Meijer's (like a Walmart) and bought 6 1/2" speakers. I put them in with self tapping screws because unfortunately I do not have rivets. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some NBCs with the Monsoon system actually have 8" speakers in the doors, and there is no spacer made to mount aftermarket speakers in that location, and any aftermarket 8" has too much mounting depth to bolt in. You'd have to fabricate a mounting bracket of some sort. I ordered 6 1/2 Polks, but ordered them for a NON-Monson system, so I got the spacers, then fabricated a plate to mount them to the 8" hole in the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts