NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I'm new here but I've been browsing pretty regularly since we got my daughter the 2006 NBC she'd been dreaming of. I've managed a few repairs including the vacuum pump gasket and some others.Lately I've been trouble shooting a power top problem that seems to be related to the drivers window. It doesn't drop when opening the door, using the master switch or the power top switch. It operates fine using the driver's window switch. I got the XTOOL and finally found the correct module to get the codes. I'm getting a "00932 (V147) Electric Window Motor, Drivers side no or incorrect setting".So I removed the door card to check the wiring. I found some ink pen marks on the window motor which made me think it was a junk yard replacement. My theory was that it might be from a hatchback NB, not a convertible. But the paint marks turned out to be on the wiring harness, not the motor. AND now it seems that the part number cross-references. So, question 1)are the motors the same for the NBC vs. NB hatchback? And 2) if so what could be causing the DTC for the window?

Thanks!

Shawn

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
The Ross Tech Wiki; is always, a great place to start with VW factory trouble code definitions:

The window motors; are different from the convertible and normal sedan. There is a substantial price difference; so, it is not uncommon, for people to install used parts and many times, they are from different years. While, they can physically fit, install on the car; they can be incompatible, as they are from a different year or incorrect part number.

I would post up any photos of the parts you have installed; we have had MANY owners with previous owners attempts at repairing things and have incompatible junk yard parts installed, causing a malfunction, in the top and window systems. Be sure to document the part #'s and another thing to check for, is the production date of the part, obviously, if the production date, is BEFORE, the production date of the car... you obviously, have used or possibly incompatible parts installed.

For checking part numbers; parts.vw.com, can be helpful, to view the latest correct part numbers or if you search with old part numbers, it will typically shown you the latest revision for the part with the superseded part number indicated. You have to be something of a Sherlock Holmes on these things and figure out, if you, indeed have incorrect parts, installed on your car and that is why things, are not working. This is very common, we have seen this for a long time on this site and so, don't be surprised, if this is the case (especially, because the convertible parts; tend to cost more). NOTE: if your motors end up being bad; VW is the only source for new window motors but Cardone Industries, DOES offer remanufactured window motors, so that can be a less expensive option, if needed.

Look up your parts; for your application here:

VCDS by Ross Tech; is recommended for the higher level diagnostics, for example; checking live data but depending on the XTOOL scanner you have, it maybe capable of doing the same thing.

Let us know, which scan tool you have; it may or may not, be capable of viewing live data/output testing.

Here is a example, of using VCDS; to observe live data and confirm, the correct operation of the top system (failed sensors; are the most common issue).

If it is possible, the regulator or motors have been worked on, you might check the adjustments are correct; the adjustments are discussed here from Bentley Publishers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Here's a couple of photos of the window motor that is currently installed. I noticed after I removed it that there is paint pen markings on the back side. So I'm back to thinking it has been replaced with a junkyard part. I don't see a mfg date on the motor that I recognize. The closest I can find is the lower right "07-Eno 06". The door jamb plate shows the date of mfg as 2/06.

Also, I tried searching for the part number on the linked Cardone site but found no joy.

On www.parts.vw.com I couldn't find a way to limit the search to a 'convertible'. The part # showed compatible from 04-10 but didn't differentiate between the sedan and convertible. Did I miss something?

Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
A website, dedicated; to cross referencing part #'s, seems to indicate, the part #, is the same as the latest version:

VW 1C2959802A

Description
Brand:VWPart Number(s):1C2959802AProductName:Window Motor
Cross Interchange Parts
FactoryNumber
CARDONE47-2074
MERCEDES-BENZ1C2 959 802 A
MERCEDES-BENZ1C2 959 802 A02K
VW1C2959802A02K

On the VW parts site; I am seeing, that the listed vehicle(s), that it works with are sedans and not convertibles? So, maybe you have a incorrect window motor installed? Just reporting what I am seeing....

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
Looking up your 2006 New Beetle Convertible; I am seeing these current part #'s, for the window motors:

Power Window Motor
This Fits Your 2006 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5 2.5L 5 cylinder A/T

1Y0959801C06J Product Image

Fits Beetle, Beetle Convertible

Beetle Cabrio; Front; Left. Convertible,.

Part Number: 1Y0959801C06J
Supersession(s): 1Y0-959-801-C06J; 1Y0959801C 06J; 1Y1959801C 06J; 1Y1959801C 0DH; 1Y1959801C06J; 1Y1959801C0DH

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
Power Window Motor
This Fits Your 2006 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5 2.5L 5 cylinder A/T

1Y0959802D06L Product Image

Beetle Cabrio; Front; Right. Convertible,.

Part Number: 1Y0959802D06L
Supersession(s): 1Y0-959-802-D06L; 1Y0959802D; 1Y0959802D 06L; 1Y0959802D 0BW; 1Y0959802D0BW; 1Y1959802D; 1Y1959802D 06J; 1Y1959802D 06L; 1Y1959802D06J; 1Y1959802D06L
Motor. Window.

Exc.Power Folding Mirrors. From Chassis/VIN 1Y-4-343 070. Motor that provides force to open and close a Window. Power Folding Mirrors. Regulator. Drive unit. Power. Wind..
Fits Beetle, Beetle Convertible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to follow up, I replaced the window motor with CORRECT convertible part number and it appears to have solved the top operation in addition to the window failing to drop with door operation. But be prepared for sticker shock.......Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
That is GREAT news! We have seen this issue before and wrong parts, can definitely cause problems. Good work and I am glad, to hear, you got it fixed! :) Did you end up getting a genuine vw part or did you try Cardone? Lastly, what was the problem; did you have the wrong part number/motor installed? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts