NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NBC 1.8T
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for a few things... I picked up a beautiful '03 NBC 1.8T (beige w\black) this past summer. Believe me, it's a very uncommon car in Newfoundland!!

(1) The car didn't come with a cover for the convertible top when it's down - - I'd like to get one second-hand (black).

(2) I got a windblocker from VWGear, but didn't think it was worth the $290 (especially because it didn't have a bag included). I sent it back, and now I'd like to pick one up again... it tends to be quite windy in Newfoundland sometimes. :>

(3) The rear seat came with a ski-sac which I will never use. I'd rather modify this to put in a flip down mid-seat arm rest or cup holders or some other useful thing... any suggestions?

(4) The cup holders in the front are a pain! I'm a coffee lover and I must have convenient access to my next fix (hee, hee). I haven't seen any accessories to help me out. There's a cup holder you can get for the front armrests on the NB, but they don't go in the vert because of the power roof switch.

If you have any of the above for sale, or if you know where I can pick this stuff up...or have it made, please reply here and e-mail me at [email protected] .

Thanks,
Alison

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Your cup doesn't even fit when the holder is swiveled out? :eek: That's a big cup! :D

Hmm, you might be able to take the ski sack out of the pass-through...

-Des

·
NBC 1.8T
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back Seat Ski Sac -> Arm Rest

YA, the cup holder in the front is okayyyyy, but it's no good if you have a buddy with you who likes a java too :> I just think the whole cup holder set up is a pain on the NB.... not seriously complaining, because EVERYTHING else about the car is terrific!

Do you guys know of any company that makes "custom made" items such as something to fit the area where the ski-sac flips down? I'm attaching a pic of the back seat (not mine... my NB has black leather).

Also, thanks for the e-bay tip Duffy... I had seen that and I'm just waiting another few days to see if there's a bidding war (ha, ha). Only problem is that it's U.S. so I'd have to pay customs and extra shipping... I wonder what the retail is on a new one of those boot covers???(anyone?). What should my limit be on e-bay when I consider the exchange, shipping and customs? Is there a part number for the boot cover?

Thanks again,
Alison

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Part #s:

Bag for wind deflector: 1Y0 862 965 A

I believe this is the correct number. It's the only thing I could find that seemed right...
I had the wrong part number for the boot cover. let me keep looking

·
NBC 1.8T
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boot Cover\Wind Stop Prices

I spoke to my dealer here in Newfoundland (Canada). Just in case anyone else is interested, here are the details:

Boot Cover (Black) 1YO 871 041 C A64 = $1,500.26
(By the way, are they supposed to be standard included equipment on the NBC? I picked up my car second hand, but the boot cover wasn't in the trunk...)

Wind Stop 1YO 862 951 A = $363.00
Wind Stop Bag 1YO 862 965 A = $119.00

Yikes!!!!! I think I'll check out ebay again :rolleyes:

Does anyone know of places on the web where I can source parts from scrapped NBCs - - maybe there aren't any scrapped NBCs - - everyone who drives one is soooooooo careful!

Cheers!
Alison

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
I guess that price I gave you for $950 USD was correct. Here are the part numbers for the different colors just as FYI:

1Y0 871 041 C 5QT - Grey
1Y0 871 041 C 7PW - Cream

1 - 7 of 7 Posts