NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NCBG get together

A NC Bugs for Breakfast is in the works. We are planning to gather the 4th Saturday in the month for a NCBG GTG (get to gather). This July we plan to meet at the Cracker Barrel in Sanford at 9 AM. 7/27/13 Please extend an invite to any Beetle owner.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1371929258.178588.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1371929492.473339.jpg

NCBG GTG Fun Day July 27th 2013

Agenda:
Arrive at the Cracker Barrel on Hwy 87 in Sanford, NC 9:00 AM

Enjoy a casual breakfast and get to know each other; photo opportunity in the parking lot.

Once everyone has had their fill we'll hit the back roads to the NC Zoo; this twisty adventure will cover about 90 miles of twists and turns through lush farmlands crossing the Deep River bason it should take about two hours to traverse the rolling hills. We will have a side trip to get photos at Herbie Road.

Once at the African Pavilian of the NC Zoo we will have a photo opportunity and allow everyone the freedom to enter the Zoo or head their way.

Route: you'll have to join us -*

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you, if we do like other groups by alternating locations every month it won't put a burden on everyone each time. One time in this area and another up your way and so on.

·
Livin' A Lie
59 Posts
Wish I could. 2h21m from me, though.:(

·
Turbo
317 Posts
I'm driving down to Columbus OH from NW Ohio 2 hr and 30 min for me, on July 6 for a 3 beetle GTG, lunch and cruise. I will drive to any GTG with in 3 hrs of me, figure 3 there, 3 or 4 hanging out and 3 back makes for a nice day. :D
Yea but at the same time just for a breakfast? If it was an all day meet, yes but 3 hour drive for me isn't got to cut it if it's a breakfast.. Love to go but, can't do the drive

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It can be more if you'd like. There are a bunch of great roads around here and we can plan a cruise if you'd like to help make plans. It's hard to plan a gathering when others don't really want to participate in the first place. We had a group come all the way from Florida to hit the top of the sombrero at South of the Border. The DuvalDub group meets for their GTG in assorted areas around Florida and they do it for the fun of the opportunity for the fellowship of the round. Pushing Fifty hit it on the head when he exclaimed recently that its a shame we can't have a gathering like in the past just to meet and greet others who love the Beetle.

I hope to see as many of those around the Carolina's here on the 27th so we can meet other Beetle owners and make plans for events, shows, drives and ways to show off what we've invested in - the love of our Beetle! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372803361.129526.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Recent comments from Pushing Fifty about a new Texas group..."Another Orger (Matty D 2009) and I have started a water-cooled Beetle club up in the North,(land of 6-7 month winters....:p) and a couple of other such groups are forming in North Carolina and Connecticut, and all 3 have websites. Admittedly, there isn't much activity yet because exclusive Beetle clubs (especially just for 98+ Bugs) are tough to get going.

Back in the day, when the first New Beetles came out, there were lots of such clubs, but sadly most dried up and to this day, way too many NB/2012+ owners don't regard their cars as anything special, and this is why it's so hard to get a "modern" Beetle club off and running. Most of us here on the Org have had to settle for joining all-VW clubs and/or putting our water-cooled Bugs into all-VW shows/events/GTGs. BUT.....I greatly applaud you, because I'm very avid at trying to change this and witnessing a resurgence of New Beetle (and now 21st Century Beetle) clubs. There are also a couple of established groups in Southern California and around the Jacksonville, Florida area that managed to survive all these years. There are also some great NB people around the Dallas area.

The main reason I want to see more exclusive water-cooled Beetle clubs is that we are very different from the crowds you'll see at all-VW events: What you'll usually find is two distinct camps: A) the air-cooled crowd, and B) the water-cooled crowd, mostly young kids (well, I say kids because I'm in my 50s....:D) with heavily-modded Jettas, GTIs, Golfs, Audis, etc., and so this makes for a tough fit for us NB/12+ Beetle types, at least for now. I believe this will eventually change as the old air-cooleds become more scarce and the younger kids progress to middle age, but nevertheless, I'm eternally grateful for sites like the Org and very happy to see others trying to spawn interest in the Beetles of today. We are a very special, close-knit family here, and when you first experience the pleasure of attending a water-cooled Beetle-specific event like Roswell, Tail of the Dragon, or Talimena, it really hits home. ;)"

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It'll even have local newspaper coverage. We can hit the roads over to the Zoo if that works for everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to find a vendor for them. Got any up your way? I'll check a guy up here in Carthage to see what he'd do them for. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372817970.182182.jpg

Got a color preference?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts