NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Convertible, 2.0 09G Triptronic Transmmission, Junkyard Save.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all... I have been looking everywhere and can't find a wiring diagram for my A/C.

It's a 2004, 2.0 gas. I'm trying to track some wires down but need an actual diagram because there are multiple points that things can be checked.

Can anyone help me out, it's been over 100 degrees constantly and I'm dying without A/C.

I was a Jet Engine mechanic in the Air Force and have no problem reading wiring diagrams.

Please help me out if you can. I've tried autozone's website, I've tried the Russian/Chech website, I've tried looking at the bad photos of a few diagrams. Nothing has worked yet.

Throttle adaptation is good, Fuses are good,..... Specifically, I am not getting continuity through my ambient temperature sensor wiring. Those are the wires I'm looking for. The Ambient Temperature Sensor (it's in the windshield cowl, not on grill by the fog light).

Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a good one for my application finally.... found this in another post. Posting it here for future reference and maybe to help someone else out.....

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also found the problem......... I pulled up the cowl (had to remove windshield wipers first). I opened the dash panel on the passenger side, traced the wires from the Ambient Temperature Sensor in the cowl, going into the dash, and found CHEWED wires from mice. This car sat for 8 years broken down and abandoned. The mice really did a good job of chewing wires up. Hard to access to repair, but problem is identified and located. I guess I'll be soldering all night/morning. =)

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Bingo! We tend to see that and other wiring issues; I can see, if the car was "hibernating" for 8 years, even more of a problem. In the wire repairs, you might try the new weather sealed crimp butt connectors; they have a special heat shrink lined insulation and seal out all moisture, dirt, totally sealed from the environment.

I have used the 3M ones; they are high quality:
3M™ Scotchlok™ Butt Connector, Heat Shrink Seamless

Also, if you find; that you end up needing replacement terminal ends or plugs; your local VW dealer can order them for you or check for part numbers on the plugs themselves, search online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info on those connectors, thank you. I ended up going old school and soldering in about a foot of new wiring on 8 wires. Wasn't fun working inside the firewall, then working inside the dash near the TCM, but it worked out. =) However, I did get to fix multiple issues at once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts