VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 new beetle 2.0 and it is having all kinds of problems. Worst of all it wont start without a jump.. I know, I know.. sounds like an easy fix. But let's face it, I wouldnt be on here if it was.. everytime someone is sure it's one thing, it's all the sudden a mystery again. I know that my cam sensor is failing and the only active code is the file injector is low to ground.. whatever that means. My gut tells me its electrical. I'm a single female that works two jobs and still struggling.. and I cant find anyone that is reasonably priced that knows anything about VW's. Someone help??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said it's not that simple. Ive had the battery and alternator checked by two different auto parts stores and both say everything checks out and I don't believe that my battery actually dies when my car is off because when I start it it doesn't click, it turns over but doesn't actually start. It just seems the only things that actually works to get it started is a jump, although a jump box doesn't work nor does popping the clutch, have to actually use jumper cables with another car. And idk if you know much about new beetles.. but no, the cam sensor is most definitely not something I can do myself. I'm in oregon, washington county area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts