NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TDI Lover
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there know how hard the oil pan is to change on a1.9 Tdi And where can i find the best price.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
don,

go to www.worldimpex.com here are OIL PANS for TDI ALH

I do not know why the "new style" with the steel bottom panel is not labeled to fit the beetle, but to save $30, it is worth a look. especially since it is marked for both the golf & Jetta 1.9 ALH motor (which is what you have)

when you are done fixing the pan, go to www.dieselgeek.com and pick up a Panzer plate. you wont be disappointed and it does not lower your cars clearance versus the plastic wind deflector.

iirc there are a couple of bolts that are hard to get to and www.metalnerd.com sells a tool made to get access to them at the bottom of this page here :Part MNQ6H5 - Wobble Oil Pan Bit $12

good luck!

·
TDI Lover
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wawalker said:
That stinks Don!:( What happened?:confused:
not really sure what happened.:( i Bottomed once pretty good put a nice scrape on the plastic belly pan. about 2 weeks later Herbie started to mark his territory checked him out looked like the drain plug was leaking so I changed it, he kept marking his spot with the move and everything going on i just kept checking his oil.Yesterday had a chance to take him in to one of my accounts from work to throw him on a lift found there is two small hairline cracks above the drain plug, can just see the oil seeping out of one of the cracks

·
TDI Lover
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don,

go to www.worldimpex.com here are OIL PANS for TDI ALH

I do not know why the "new style" with the steel bottom panel is not labeled to fit the beetle, but to save $30, it is worth a look. especially since it is marked for both the golf & Jetta 1.9 ALH motor (which is what you have)

Thanks Aaron
have you heard anything on the new style pan . According to my books the Golf Jetta and Beetle all use the same pan so it should work

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
the guys on TDIclub seemed to think it was worth while..

I've seen pics of it taken apart and it is built BEEFY compared to the OEM one.

again, not sure if anyone on tdiclub has tried one on a beetle yet tho. you might try a search.

read all about it HERE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let me know how this goes. Maybe write a "How To" Mine leaks around the drain plug and the parts man at the dealer said it was because the "Lube Tech" at Spiffy Lube over tightened it to many times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also Need a new oil pan

Just ordered the Hybrid oil pan for the 2.0 engine.

Does anyone have the torque for the 10mm oil pan bolts???

Thanks in advance..

Frank
:)

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I got an incredibly strong aluminum skid plate from Evolution in Canada: http://www.evolutionimport.com/

When the UPS took it out of the truck, he asked me if it was meant for an offroading SUV. He was disapointed to hear it was for a New Beetle.:D

A skid plate is a highly recommended modification. With just 4 inches of ground clearance, you will in time hit something and the TDI has an aluminum oil pan that will crack and need replacing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts