NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I need a complete engine rebuild kit for my 2002 1.8T engine. I changed my oil today, and I found that I have a spun bearing somewhere in the engine because there was a decent amount of metal in the oil. So I figured since I am going to rip the engine apart to find and replace this anyway, I should rebuild it at the same time. I would preferably like to put in upgraded internals, as I am going to be doing that at some point in time as well, but at this point any rebuild kit would be good.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I suggest contacting Integrated Engineering. They are extremely knowledgable on the 1.8t's. they make rods and other components as well. Great customer service, by phone. Email is a bit slow, which I think is because they are an actual shop working on the cars and components.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to the info. I will be sure to check them out. I did not see a complete kit on the site so I will have to ask them. I found another one on a different website, but its more geared towards the Audi 1.8t. Thank you though.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Thank you to the info. I will be sure to check them out. I did not see a complete kit on the site so I will have to ask them. I found another one on a different website, but its more geared towards the Audi 1.8t. Thank you though.
I would call and just ask for recommendations. You can also check on vwvortex.com and you will find a ton of 1.8t specific info in the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Also meant to say techtonics tuning may be an option as well. They are probably the oldest water cooled tuner in the u.s.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

1 - 6 of 6 Posts