VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new here to the site. Recently I bought my daughter an 02 turbo beetle. The car is in excellent shape. Lately it's been acting up so she brought it to a dealership and she has a laundry list of repairs. R&R throttle body, needs new waterpump and timing belt, coolant flange , 1 cv boot left inner, control arm bushings and strut bearings. All for $3000. Personally I think it's on the steep side. I've priced everything and it comes to about $800. I'd do the work myself but I'm in NY and she's in the Orlando area. Any good honest mechanics in Orlando? I'm not looking for a handout. willing to pay for honest mechanical work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm here in Orlando. My brother's mechanic has a shop in south semoran (436) before Colonial(50). LEOS, when driving from the airport, it will be on the right. Shop #407-282-3100.

I bought a 99NB, I will be using him to replace the.timing belt.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
I'm in Jacksonville BUT I'm associated with a good group of beetle peeps in the Orlando/Tampa/Spring Hill area. I have the privilege of hanging out with them often. I hope you all will network with them; at least just to hang out and meet some great folk. The'll be at Jingle Bugs Rock in Old Town Kissimmee this weekend.

Check out our org members Facebook group via the link in my signature. The more beetle connections the better.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!
Hello from the warm reaches of North Carolina!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts