NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2007 Beetle 2.5 BPR engine code. Got the car for a steal because the ac didn’t work. Upon testing i found that the fan doesn’t spin. Its has the single fan with integrated fan control module. So Daul fan testing procedures don’t actually apply. After changing ac related parts Evap core, pressure switch, compressor, drier, vacuumed the system tried to charge with Freon but it wouldn’t take. i saw the fan running at times but no where near fast enough to cool the condenser. I found a post where someone removed fuse 37 turned the key with ac on and their fan began to run. Same with me. Now that I know that the fan actually works i would like to trace down all the circuits connected and see what could be going on

Is there anyone here that can provide wiring diagrams for all the circuits listed under fuse 37 or at least those that apply I’ve found what seems like the proper fuse box layout because most listed under a quick google search don’t apply to this model. Heck the fuse card on the fuse box door doesn’t apply to the car it’s in. now i need to test all the circuits involved. I would like to believe that this problem is relay or ground involved but I’m not sure where to start. Any help works thanks.

I’ve read somewhere on another thread someone had a similar issue but in their case the engine misfired as well, and constantly popped fuse 37 upon key turn. In their case it turned out to be bad ignition coils from factory. In my case the fuse doesn’t pop. Removing it allows the fan to run at full speed when ac is turned on

Components Listed under fuse 37 are

J220 motronic controller T121/63

J248 diesel direct injection system control unit T121/83
(Shouldn’t apply)

J271 motronic current supply relay 1/30

J393 convienence system central control unit /models with window regulators T23/17

J623 engine control unit T80/15 (engine code CBPA Shouldn’t apply)

S283 brake vacuum pump fuse

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
there is a 4 wire connector near the starter. Trace the wiring harness back from the a/c compressor to this harness. This is a known failure point. the wires may be broken or the connector may have come loose. Check this connector before you start throwing parts at the car like I did!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve read about that connection somewhere as well that said i checked all lines from the fuse box down, under the battery out to the starter and followed the trace out to the compressor harness. No breakage in any lines. Light rub through of the ground that runs under the battery but I’m guessing from the wire looms there rubbing over time because there were no breaks anywhere else

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No codes i used vagcom i only get implausible tiptronic signal (previous owner wasted coke in the gear shifter i believe)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i did one of the larger diameter wires had power and i believe one of the smallest ones as well iirc. Same with the ac compressor pulled the connector and it has power as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey jayrugged have you figured anything else out? Someone asked me in my search if I had checked the relays. I never did. Now that the only issue I’m having is no ac/fan operation and the weather is getting cooler in NJ I haven’t been too concerned about it. But you may want to check the relays 🤷🏼‍♀️

1 - 8 of 8 Posts