VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1999 Beetle 2.0...only had it since December and not had any issues with it...until now...

last week i was driving on a side street in South Beach going to work...and it just died as i was driving...turned immediately back on...and not another sign of problem...until tonight

drove fine then when i was leaving a restaurant...i started it...then died...died where not just the engine turned off...but ALL POWER gone for a split second! and turned back on fine...

went about 1.7 miles and while i was stopped at a light i could see that my headlights were pulsing like a heartbeat...and then it total power out again...and the traffic was super bad...so i was sitting at a stop and then again power out...and started right back up like nothing had happened

then i drove the 7 miles home...even using the highway and not a single problem...

what is going on????

i dont have the money to go to a shop right now...and i cant afford to be without my baby...any ideas???

much appreciated in advance
Edit/Delete Message

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
First thing comes to mind is the battery or or charging system.
No check engine lights? Get it scanned for codes. Sorry. Thats about all I got.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Check the fuse box on top of your battery. Check for any melted fuses. The wire that goes from the alternator to that fuse box is known to fail and cause all sorts of electrical issues.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i dont have the money to go to a shop right now...and i cant afford to be without my baby...any ideas???
Edit/Delete Message

If you don't have money to repair.....then you can't go with this car. I'm serious that this car will draw a lot of money from you to repair so be prepared...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First thing comes to mind is the battery or or charging system.
No check engine lights? Get it scanned for codes. Sorry. Thats about all I got.
well all of the lights come on when it does this because the key is in the on position but after i start or while i am running i have no lights on

will look into getting the codes

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts