VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new intake for my bgd engine. I have an 04 convertible beetle gls. It has a 2.0L bgd motor in it and have spent the past month trying to get it running again and it has been nothing but problem after problem.

On top of that I cant seem to find a full schematic of the intake manifold, upper and lower. I'm trying to find out what exactly one of my problems (a circular cap with a spot for a hose to plug in and it has a spring on the inside of it.) is. Its on the underside of the upper part. It just popped off when I removed the intake. I'm not sure if it had just broken or if whoever had the bug before me had done it. I have noticed there is another cap like thing on the top of the lower part but I'm not sure if it's the same thing or what.

There are so many issues with this car and it really sucks watching my boyfriend work so hard on it, just for the car to fall apart in some other way.

We need help! He knows what to do for the most part, although this is the first VW he has ever worked on and its been a bit of a challenge compared to any other car he's rebuilt.

Any guidance, wisdom, schematics, videos, links, or sites where I could possibly just buy another intake (I dont have the money to buy it straight from VW)

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Sounds like maybe; a pcv (valve)? You might post some photos, of the problem you are referring to and we can go from there.

Parts research:

Free service manuals:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts