NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been dealing with this problem for two years now on my wifes 2000 1.8 turbo. When the outside ambient temp is under 70 degrees the car drives fine. However, when it gets over 70 degrees the check engine light comes on and throws a vag code of 16795 and a 16963. Some people tell me the ecu is in limp mode as it will not make boost over 3000 rpm. When you lug the engine from idel to 3000 rpm the turbo comes on fine and pulls good, however, as soon as you reach 3000 rpm, the boost is dumped and the engine is all on its own after that. I have done some research and I am finding that a n249 valve might be the source. If any one has any ideas here it would be very much appreciated. The fuel pressure is good and the engine runs fine, just no boost or power after 3000 rpm. When it gets cold out it, the engine will go back to normal. Is there some type of fail safe in the ecu when it sees a higher temp to eliminate detonation that it dumps the boost? Please help. Thanks!!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,076 Posts
16795/P0411/001041 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes

Fuel Pump Relay (J17) faulty
Hoses/Pipes to/between Components faulty/clogged
Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101) faulty
Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299) faulty
Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Secondary Air Injection Hoses/Pipes for Carbonization
Check Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101)
Check Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299)
Check Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112)

Hopefully this will help...looks like your 1st code points to the secondary air. Can't find the 2nd code so I'm not sure what that is pointing to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts