VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 NBC with Monsoon premium sound...

The problem:
The sound coming through my speakers when I had my ipod plugged into the Aux input jack was cutting in and out. I tested my aux cable and a different ipod and the problem was repeated ensuring it wasn't my ipod, nor a faulty Aux cable.

So I went to the dealer explained what I wanted as well as the year, make and model of my car, and the dealership ordered me a new wire harness, (part number 1C1-035-745-B) which, has 4 wires (Black, Green, Yellow and Gray)

When I pulled the dash apart the multi-pin connector and the old Aux jack wire harness only had 3 wires which are (black, green, and yellow - connected on pins 10, 9 and 8 respectively)

At this point my best guess based on the diagrams would be to copy as the wire harness was connected before, but what to do with the new grey wire? Should I even connect it? and what pin should I connect it to?

FWIW, I cannot seem to locate an aux wire harness that only has the 3 wires as before so if the dealer ordered the wrong part it does seem like an honest mistake.

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :):D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The radio only has 3 input wires for the AUX input.

I purchased a cable on ebay for less than $8 to add an Aux to my newer head unit I installed in my 2003.

The only issue is the ebay cable has a male end and has the wrong connector so you will have to release the terminals from both the original and replacement connector which is not easy.

I gave up and just cut the ebay connector to get the terminals out. Again NOT easy.

If the VW replacement cable did not come with the connector end, you may be better off purchasing the connector part that connects to the radio as it will not be easy to release the terminals from the original connector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I need to clarify my question?

I ordered a new pin connector part - to plug in the new cable and thus plug in the new wires. My problem is the original cable had 3 wires, but the new one has 4 (black, yellow, green, and gray) I'm wondering where I need to plug in the gray wire... I'm guessing that it is necessary for the new aux input jack to work...?

Thanks again for your assistance... hoping I can get it figured out and put the radio back in.... I love my music :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts