NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My daughter's 2000 Beetle, which we've owned for two years, has always had the airbag light on. She's leaving for college and will be doing more highway driving so we're fixing things like this.

I got a scanner on eBay, and two error codes came up for the airbag system: 0532 - Supply Voltage (B+) and 01218 - Side Airbag Igniter.

It looks like the 1218 is related to the connections underneath a seat, which we'll investigate, but I'm not finding much information about 0532.

Can anyone tell me what this is referring to?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the one I purchased.

I don't believe it shows real-time information. It did come with instructions, a code book, etc..

When I pushed the seat back as far as it would go, and then moved it forward and flipped the seat forward, neither position seemed to allow me to see the connectors I saw in photos online, so I'm assuming those are located underneath the metal brace (?) up the center underneath the center.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just coming back to give an update.

We removed the passenger seat, pushed around on the wires some, put the seat back, cleared the codes, the airbag light went out, and after six days, it has not come back on again. Here's to hoping it stays off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts