NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 2001 Beetle for my wife, and this is our first VW. The Beetle has 2.0 engine with auto transmission, and 95,000 miles. My concerns is when the car is slowing down around 20mph the front right front makes a clicking sound, but only when you let off the accelerator, when the brakes are applied the sound remains clicking, but when the accelerator is again applied the clicking will stop. I had the right front axle replaced, but this did not correct the problem. Is this a transmission problem and how hard is it to correct?

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Is it making a roaring sound as well? Might be your wheel bearings. I was just over 100K when BOTH my front wheel bearings went out. Well...they may have been out well before that, I thought it was road noise or really crappy tires I was running. But it wasn't. Might want to look into that. Appearantly it's a common wear item on these cars. :dunno: Could it also be a CV boot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The axle is OE new not rebuilt. I also forgot to mention that the car's tranmissions seems to shift fine. Any help will be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts