NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 19 inch 5x100 fit on my beetle? I got a great deal on a set of machine lip that are 19 though. Just checking before I buy, will they fit and not rub? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Depends on the offset. If the have the proper offset you should be fine as long as you use proper size tires.
Personally, I wouldn't go with anything higher than an 18 on the Beetle. But 19 should work with the proper offset of 35 to 40 max.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
The wheel has the offset built into it.
Ask the seller or look up the manufacture's web site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea idk what the offset is.. How do you figure that out?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
It's the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the hub mounting surface.

Assuming the new wheels are the same width as your current wheels; an easy way to check if its close is the lay a flat edge on the rear of the wheel and measure to the hub mounting surface on both wheels.

19' tires can be expensive though because they're uncommon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm I'll look into it. Plus if I put 19s on it won't it rub? Cause I got a deal on a set for 300 and they are 5x100 so I was thinking they would fit...

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hmm I'll look into it. Plus if I put 19s on it won't it rub? Cause I got a deal on a set for 300 and they are 5x100 so I was thinking they would fit...

The bolt pattern is correct and as long as the offset is within limits and you use the proper size tires then they shouldn't rub. The overall total diameter shouldn't change regardless if you are using 16 inch wheels or 20 inch wheels. with the 19's you will just have very little rubber and you will have to be very careful to avoid chuck holes and speed bumps because it will be a rough ride.

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Thanks for all your help! I'm going to call the company and get the offset and see what it is. Now Confirming that they are the right bolt pattern, I deff want them more now!

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
I am running 225 35 19's with the standard 5x100 lug spacing and I haven't had any problems at all, except the Bug looks like it's going 60 mph when it's sitting still :)

Indytom was spot on - the offdset is critical, in my experience you can go a little higher or lower, but if you're not very experienced with a particular vehicle like I was when I bought my Bug, it pays to double check first. Some dealers will tell you 'yeah sure it'll fit' just to make the sale. I learned that one the hard way back in the day with my 5.0.

Attachments

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that's sweet man. That looks good. Maybe I'll go and check em out another time.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Chef Nails, that is a SWEET RIDE! The 19's look great on that car. Very well done!
I only have 18's on my ride but they do well on Indiana Chuck hole infested streets ;)

·
482 Posts
Thanks Tom :) It has been an extremely addicitive progression of events since I bought the car. I plan on lowering it soon and adding LED footwell & interior accent lighting & under-door puddle lights. And by the time I start on those projects I will have thought of several more...

Attachments

·
482 Posts
I made the eyelids using tail light tint, dupli-color brand - but the VHT brand works good too. Instead of relying on a decal that may or may not look right, I decided to just make my own. I bought a pair of the vinyl color matched eyelids and they were a crap product.

·
482 Posts
Looks good! And you can also add / remove/ start over if you decide you want them smaller, larger, different angle etc. When I first did mine I went back and added some width after I checked to see how much 'scowl' they had. I didn't want my ride to look like it was stuck in mid-sneeze...

Attachments

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I think I'm going to redo them. I was out in the shop lookin at them and it occurred to me that the right side is slanted more... But your car looks great man! I wish my S. was that color grey..

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Looks good! And you can also add / remove/ start over if you decide you want them smaller, larger, different angle etc. When I first did mine I went back and added some width after I checked to see how much 'scowl' they had. I didn't want my ride to look like it was stuck in mid-sneeze...
Dark gray is my favorite TS color. Looks kind I mean with the blacked out blinkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea idk how good mine would look if I blacked out my blinkers and fog lights. But I see that you kinda jab like a film thing on you head lights...? How does that work? On the inside or out?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts