VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!!
I just bought my first brand new car two days ago, a 2016 convertible bug, denim limited edition. I LOVE IT!!! :):):)
But, I need new comfy seats. I want to keep the cute denim seats for when I sell it. I just do not know what seats are compatible. I need soft seats that will help my back. I didn't realize how uncomfortable the new car seats would be for me. :confused: My commute to my teaching job is over an hour....
Can anyone please help me??
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Interesting you mentioned the lack of comfortable seats in the latest beetle! When the 2012 first came out, my local VW dealer invited me to a "Beetle party", to check out the latest model and when I sat in it, the first thing I noticed were how the seats were no where near as supportive as my 2002 New Beetle Turbo S has. As far as I know; the design hasn't seemed to have changed since then, maybe other owners of the 2012+ Beetle's can confirm this. The earlier New Beetle; had compatible seat tracks with the Jetta/Golf, so some people swapped their seats from the GTI/GLI/R models. I don't know if this is still the case with the current models. Worst case scenario, you could find a high end seat like Recaro or Corneau; that would support your back better.

https://www.google.com/search?q=german+racing+seats&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

VW really dropped the ball on the seats; the New Beetle sport seats are amazing and very adjustable. I also struggle with a bad back; so, I feel your pain! :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts