NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about painting my roof so it looks like a vert. Gimme feedback peoples. Thanks

(A Half of mind is a terrible thing to use)

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Well, it doesn't look bad. It's almost reminiscent of the cloth tops on the Caddillacs and stuff and they were hard tops. My buddy in high school's Monte Carlo had that, but we ripped it off.

I always liked just painting the roof center black to resemble the Concept 1. I always wanted to do that.

So you're basically considering the (for lack of a better term) "poor mans's cabrio"? I hardly think it would look bad.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For that I shall no longer slam your jokes in the chat room my good Man. thanks for you kind and considerate thoughts.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes and I am sorry .. now pip pip and cherrio my good fellow, trance yonder and fetcheth thyne pipeth and sachel for we shall sitith and enjoy a good fly.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
regional differences....

Out here in the Sun Belt, I would never paint my roof black. The cars get hot enough as it is when they sit in the sun. Black would just exacerbate that.

I suppose, if I were going to do this, I would go with fawn colored Naugahyde. It would be more practical here and I love the tan cabrio top anyway. Run that through Photoshop and see what you think.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well beeble I'm half way up michigan we get about three weeks of temps in the 90's so not an issue here. but on the other hand your tan Idea does strike a chord with me, I will try it and if it is a good idea I will post it. Thanks for the thoughts and ideas.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Why paint it in such a convertable wannabe way?

Instead of using that for a trace drawing, draw some inspiration from it.

How 'bout doing the A pillers as well, along w/the mirrors. The roof, the C-pillars, stopping at the top of the door/hood/spoiler.

Now THAT I think could have some potential.

Maybe add some chrome trim like the NBC's to accent your chrome tails & those clear rear corners.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not to shabby mabby heres mine. if there just wasnt so much black around the pillars/back windows I would think this looks good. but your thinking and thats what counts.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
noR said:
Why paint it in such a convertable wannabe way?

Instead of using that for a trace drawing, draw some inspiration from it.

How 'bout doing the A pillers as well, along w/the mirrors. The roof, the C-pillars, stopping at the top of the door/hood/spoiler.

Now THAT I think could have some potential.

Maybe add some chrome trim like the NBC's to accent your chrome tails & those clear rear corners.
yea I tried that once looked kinda nice. Only I did it like this...

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
gilligan said:
now THAT i like

thats what i want to eventually do to my car...two toned hawtness:D

im liking the fabrio(fake cabrio:p ) idea but i think it would really look good like the ol' caddy's and chryslers with the cloth tops made to look like a vert...do something like that and not just paint and that would be super impressive

maybe with a cloth rag top like the old school bugs too just to mix it up a bit? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
NO NO NO don't do a fake out.It looks wrong on a beetle. I see a 4 door accord around town like that and I just have to giggle when I see it. 2 tone paint would be nice, just not the fake vert ! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
gilligan said:
I like that! :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts