NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a minor collision that took out the driver side front. Most of the damage is cosmetic, so I am doing the repair.

Any suggestions for a good site to find parts diagrams? eBay is the only place I could easily find parts. ECS tuning has parts but is expensive.

Without a parts diagram I cannot determine what parts I need. We found the headlight retaining ring and bracket. There is another part that appears to be an air duct (see pics). Any idea what it is? I also need to determine any connected parts that may be broken.

Thank YOu!!!

Beetle unknown part 1.jpg

beetle unknown part 2.jpg

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
A local pick/pull; tends to be the cheapest and you can use online used auto part search engines, to locate parts/auto slavage yards, in your area.

www.car-parts.com

For part numbers and exploded views; there are the vw parts site and etka online with better exploded views.

www.parts.vw.com

http://www.oemepc.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, those sites are more comprehensive than I have found so far.
Strangely, the VWParts.com was rather limited; had a view of the right front fender and components underneath, but not the left.

Any idea what that part is that is shown in my pictures? Cannot seem to find a diagram that has it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a newbie, and probably put this in the wrong place. Will re-post in General Discussion Paint and Body. Hope that is not a no-no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts