NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have asked for prayers and good thoughts from you before when I was having health problems. Now that I'm all better, I want to ask for your prayers for my younger sister. She has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and is in a great deal of pain. She has 3 beautiful daughters, 14, 17 & 21. It all started a few weeks ago when she began to notice swelling in her abdomen area. The doctors found a tumor the side of a grapefruit. When they did the biopsies, they discovered more smaller tumors behind the larger one. They did an MRI of her brain and colon, the brain was clear, but unfortunately they found a mass 22cm long in the intestine. They have biopsied it, tomorrow she will find out if it too is malignant. If not, them maybe it is contained and they will be able to do a hysterectomy and remove it all, if not, we will have to see. Thanks again in advance!

Scott

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Someone in my family was also diagnosed with stage 3 Breast Cancer earlier in May.
It has spread to the lymph nodes but hasn't surfaced anywhere else yet. She has been going through massive Chemo treatments every week since May and she is just a shell of her former self. The tumors have reduced in size and if all goes well the Big surgery is scheduled for the 3rd of December.
Time will tell if the cancer returns.
I will pray for your sister and hope for a complete remission
for her. It will be a tough road ahead and she will need someone to stay by her side. I am sure you will do your best to be there for her.
My prayers are with you and your sister.

God Bless.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Scott, I will definitely be praying for your sister. Prayer works and God is faithful!

Brian

Bme

·
jgarry 2001 new beetle
47 Posts
I found this wry blog helpful to those who can appreciate the dark humor: Mr. C meets Mr. C (link is to start of story, you'll have to click on subsequent archives to see the rest)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
I will be praying for your sister and bring her before my church family as well.

Praying for the Doctors as well, that they skillfully bring your sister back to health.

As bme said, God is faithful- and able too.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Scott, I am so sorry, and I will keep her and all of you in my Prayers!

If you need to talk I am here,

JonK

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear. I can only hope that all goes well.

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much everyone.

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. The doctors told her that all the results of her biopsies would be ready yesterday at her appointment. So she psyched herself up, and called my sisters and me, told us to say a special prayer. When she called, she was so let down to have to wait, I tried my best do encourage her. Thanks again for the prayers, and I will keep you posted.

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to thank everyone for your prayers! My sister is doing well, she still has a long way to go but, at this time, there doesn't seem to be any cancer left in her body! She had a pretty extensive surgery, and inflamed lymph nodes. She appreciates the prayers of everyone! I'll keep you posted on her as she becomes completely whole.

·
Owner of Puffy
144 Posts
Thank God for answered prayers, I am glad to hear she is cancer free!
God is good, all the time.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Prayers sent.. Ovarian cancer is a terrible thing, sounds like she got very lucky! Keep us updated! :grouphug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts