NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, wife ran over a curb...then backed out and ripped the skid plates to hell...anyone know where I can find the whole assembly??? Price and availability? (no dieselgeek links please...cant afford it..lol) I thought TVA had them at one time...checked new dimensions and ECS...cant find them...any other places???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Impex is is pretty good. I think this is the part you're looking for, and only ~$50 or so. You might want to check your plastic side skirts for damage (~$50 each), and be sure you have all the torx screws and speed nuts, and the spider washer thingies that hold the side skirts to the car.

http://www.worldimpex.com/item_detail.html?sku=91847 -- you should verify this is the correct part before ordering of course.

This is for manual trans. If you have an auto trans you're SOL - they're $200+

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
acheney said:
This is for manual trans. If you have an auto trans you're SOL - they're $200+
I bought one from World Impex for auto trans about 2 years ago for $35 (although they didn't ask me transmission - not sure why it'd be a different part for auto or manual).... I guess VW jacked up the price. which is odd since everyone breaks theirs and they must sell a ton of replacements.

Same with the console latch - it jumped from $2 to $12 now. Bleh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts