VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fairly new beetle owner and also fairly knowledgeable about american cars but this thing is kicking my butt

I have a 2000 beetle that has a misfire at idle that slowly disappears around 2500 to 3000 rpms. I have checked for vacuum leaks and found this:

Could this be my problem?? I have never noticed it before but at the same time I have not really looked for it, LOL. It appears that its just gotten warm and soft because it is very pliable. And can I just replace this little section of hose or is it something more??

Also can you please explain to me what this little device is:

If this doesnt solve the problem i'm going to replace the coil packs and plugs and hope for the best.

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
You have not posted whether or not there any fault codes in the ECU, this is the very "first" place to start when trying to diagnose a problem in an OBDII equipped vehicle, scan tool.

Determine what cylinders are misfiring etc., then the steps to a repair can begin.

Trying to repair these cars without first speaking with the ECU could end up being very costly with negative repair results.

If you post this information we can try to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts