NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have just done about everything in the books to try to fix my 2000 beetle brakes. So I replaced both rear calipers two rear brake lines I changed the brake booster the master cylinder. I spent 2 whole days bleeding the car from the master cylinder to each break line to pretty much anything that I could think of would have some air in it! I'm getting a pretty good shot of break fluid everywhere I bleed. But the car won't hold pressure on the brakes if I pump it 3 or 4 times it'll be normal and get good brakes but as soon as Iet go for a couple seconds it will take the pedal to the floor it's like its not holding pressure !? Any ideas I really need this car running soon please help !!!!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Did you bleed the master cylinder by itself? Search the term bench bleeding a master cylinder. You do not need to remove it from the car, but you need to bleed the master cylinder to see if that may help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did something very similar where I put my thumbs on the hole and then slowly let the air go out I really don't know if it makes that much of a difference with the kit ? Maybe I should look into That?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
4 wheels

So you did all four wheels, bleed out? you forgot the fifth wheel buddy. The clutch cylinder uses the same fluid reservoir as the brakes. Hope this helps ya out.:)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
That's a reasonable method, but you might try and have someone pump and hold the pedal and crack the master cylinder connections like a bleeder screw.

Make sure you immediately rinse down with water to protect the paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i also did that I had someone pump the brakes while i cracked the brake lines from the master cylinder I got a good shot of fluid through the cylinder and all four wheels but the pedal still won't hold pressure ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea sorry it's an auto . It's driving me crazy the only thing left is to blame the master cylinder even though its new ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts