VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey not really sure where to post this, but I need someone near Atlanta Jonesboro to be specific that has a vag com to align and adjust the tps on a 1998 beetle

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
VAGCOM is not needed to do a throttle body adaption with an AEG engine. Just turn the ignition switch to "run" without starting the engine, wait 30 seconds and then switch off. You should be good after that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After all the research I've done it seems like you do I tried everything from disconnecting the batt to leavening the ignition in for 3 mins clearing codes which are p1580 and p1543 they come back as soon as I turn the ignition on , this happened after I disconnected the battery to change the ac compressor

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got the problem fixed, just in case someone runs Into the same problem you do need to adapt and align the throttle with a scanner doesn't have to be vag com mine was actually done with a matco Maximus scanner, car runs great now.
It would be great to have a list of scanners that will work for our bugs

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,499 Posts
A 98 AEG actually still has a throttle cable. Sp adaptation isn't exactly a huge issue compared to the later drive by wire beetles.

Guess it needed it still for the ecu to see the throttle position.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great news its fixed but ...

hey salvadorr90 it is great news that you got this fixed - but - could you please share the steps that you followed so that others like myself can resolve this problem ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts