NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby and I just bought our 17 year old a 2002 NB for her first car. Before anyone weighs in on purchasing a car for their child I will say that she's extremely responsible, gets great grades, works, is not out partying and helps with getting her siblings to and from school. She was even willing to rock the mini-van, but we felt the NB was a much better fit for her. I need suggestions on how to surprise her with the gift. I want to do something unique that she'll never forget. She's been led to believe that we just can't afford another car right now so she's not expecting it. Any suggestions from other beetle owners would be greatly appreicated! lbk

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Hmm ... That is a good question to ask.

A friend of mine was given a car by her parents too. They told her that they didn't have the funds to get her a vehicle of her own. So one evening her dad had asked her to go grab something from the garage for him. Well when she went inside the garage there sat her new vehicle. She was very surprised.

I don't have any other stories in regards to this as I bought my own, lol ... but I'm sure whatever method you use, she will be very excited.

Add some carlashes and she will be sure to smile even more :D CarLashes

Best of luck! Let us know how you surprise her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is a definite girly girl so she will have to have lashes. :) We pick it up tomorrow so I have about 24 hours to plan. Someone suggested we go to a public place like a restaurant, with the keys on a key chain with her name on it. Hand them to the clerk/waitress and tell her to pretend she dropped them as we're leaving. When she says they aren't hers the clerk would say well they have your name on it. She will be excited about anything we do so I know you are right. Just trying to be creative. Thanks for the suggestion about the garage.

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
She is a definite girly girl so she will have to have lashes. :) We pick it up tomorrow so I have about 24 hours to plan. Someone suggested we go to a public place like a restaurant, with the keys on a key chain with her name on it. Hand them to the clerk/waitress and tell her to pretend she dropped them as we're leaving. When she says they aren't hers the clerk would say well they have your name on it. She will be excited about anything we do so I know you are right. Just trying to be creative. Thanks for the suggestion about the garage.
Your restaurant idea is awesome!!!! I suggest you do that!!!!! :)

The carlashes are the best invention out there for cars. My car has them and I get questions, pictures taken and smiles everyday.

Here's a pic:

She will have a lot of fun with the NB ... Be sure to post up pics once she receives it. What colour did you buy ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We bought a white one. The lashes will show up very well. I think they make your car look very happy!

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
We bought a white one. The lashes will show up very well. I think they make your car look very happy!
Ooh white will go great with pink accents! They even sell pink eyelashes :)

And thank you :) Kit always wears a smile now when she drives. It's a hoot to drive with the lashes on and they are pretty secure. I've attached mine under the hood, and after having them on for a few months and a couple thousand kilometres they have not budged :D

·
Registered
77 Posts

That's a cool idea. It would be even cooler if you had the Beetle in the parking lot waiting. That way she could go outside and press the button on the key to find out which car is her's. ;)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
My parents did the same for me when they got me my NB. They got it from a dealer, and so they said we had to go there to get something for my husband (then boyfriend)'s car (he had a Passat at the time). He knew about it, so my dad went in to get what he needed and my hubby walked me around the lot to oogle cars. A salesman pulled a blue Bug out front and I started looking at it. Ended up being mine! I never thought I was getting a car for college, as I knew we couldn't afford it. But I got a full ride to school so they wanted to do something special for me. I've now had the car for over 6 years :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts