NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Well, I dove into the beetle world with (2) 2003 beetle convertibles.

I am using one as a parts car.

Main one is 2003, 2.0, triptronic 09G. I'm trapped in limp mode because the TCM isn't communicating with the ECM or the Instrument Cluster (confirmed by the OBDeleven). Also with no PRNDS alphabet on cluster, nor speedometer, nor triptronic operation. Only 2nd gear and reverse (reverse lights activate).

Both speed sensors inside transmission replaced, valve body rebuilt, ohmed wiring harness inside tranny, triptronic switch replaced, triptronic circuit board and magnet replaced, swapped TCM from known good car, etc..... this isn't a shot in the dark, lol, I've actually done the work.

I am looking for a wiring diagram that connects the TCM to the ECM..... does anyone have one that they can access? Ive looked everywhere and all I can find is the 4-speed, or other engines and tranny combos.

Wife is on my arse about this investment and I'd really like to get her on the road and out of my shop (I'd rather be shooting pool than wires).

To confirm, 2003 new beetle convertible, 2.0, automatic 09G triptronic transmission. Stuck in limp mode because no communication from the TCM to the ECM and Cluster.

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Solid, wiring diagrams and pinouts; would be the original Bentley manual, possibly some free online manuals linked below and then, there it eRWin, which is VW's online service manual access, you can pay $35 and download all the manuals you want, for 24 hours. Then, downloaded, the .pdf files, can be viewed, printed and stored on your computer; to be accessed, at your leisure. eRWin, might be the ticket; as it is the same service manuals; that the service techs at the VW dealerships use and it is straightforward, solid factory vw service info. Other services, like Mitchetll1 and AllData, seem to offer enthusiast access for less, then what the pro shops pay, so that might be a possible option as well.

Bentley publishers paper and ebahn manuals:

VW eRWin:

free online manuals:

Mitchell1 diy subscription:

Hope this helps! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts