VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've owned a 69 convertible since 1988. Have a Jetta TDI since new in 2001 and just got a 2005 convertible new beetle. One of the things I've noticed is I found the top boot in the trunk, when I pulled it out both the vinyl outside and the fabricish (new word) inside of the of the boot is sticky/nasty like the dash or interior plastic parts after being in Armor all. Is there anyway of cleaning it like throwing in in the wash or cleaning it in the bathtub with some sort of cleaning product. I'm almost willing to try anything, I'm not going to use it in it's current condition, but I can't afford to buy a new one right now either.

Thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update

tried using laundry soap and simple green, it just seemed to make things even worst. boot ended up in garbage can.:mad:

·
1,255 Posts
Me Too

My tan cover is the same way - can't use it. Like ya'll, how to clean it or remove the decomposing foam liner.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My tan cover is the same way - can't use it. Like ya'll, how to clean it or remove the decomposing foam liner.
Same on ours that came with our (used) 2005. I took it out of the car and threw it in a plastic bag. Since the foam is deteriorating, I'm really not sure what to do with it.

Foam also shoots out of the air vents on ours, so I try to keep the vents clear by vacuuming them out when I see foam stuck on the inside of them. Clearly every bit of foam that's on the car is falling apart. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts