2) if i press using FOB before today lol
-lock = blinkers flashed
-unlock = blinkers flashed

door locks would never move
3)now if i press fob
-nothing happens lol
-changed battery and still nothing

things i have done.
-check lock microswitches and traces/joints for cracks and bad solder joints (drivers was repaired and tested)
-checked door wiring harness for wire breaks - none found

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so checked central locking codes and had a key 1 code 00955
erased and fob does what it used to. ie flash light and no door lock movementsv

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know. althought that would not affect my door locks not working manually.

i have ordered a new fob anyhow. code did not come back after being reset though and fob does blink lights

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, the most common failure; is the door lock module, bad switch, door wiring harness or worst case scenario, the comfort control module. Do you have a VW compatible scan tool; electrical problems will sometimes throw a code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah have checked door door lock modules, wiring, and CCM(although i dont have another CCM to confirm no issues with it)

1J0 959 799 AJ is module part number

also i have just noticed that if i hold the door key to unlock position the windows roll down. then if i hold to lock they close

neat lol my golf is manual windows so never knew lol

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also yes looked on scanner and no codes stored in CCM anymore(before it had faulty drivers door module but fixed)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes there are lots on ebay but roman numeral has to match as well as there was 4 different models of 1J0 959 799 AJ for different options

i have "I" 1J0 959 799 AJ
now idea i have that might be causing issue is i have power folding mirrors on this car but one mirror is larger then other. maybe normal mirror was put in and causing issue. probably not but who knows lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so when i hook up power to the door interior light the door locks work on that side(passenger side i have tried so far)

work with fob and door button(not drivers side)

although im wondering where it ussually gets power from and how much.
main power to doors is working

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so when i run power to both interior lights(red wire blue strip) which joins the red wire/yellow strip in the door wiring harness

both doors work and lock and unlock as they should
the wire goes under carpet and under drivers seat.

guessing it goes to passenger side which i will check now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well found problem...
took radio out and seats and lifted carpet on side so i can pull wiring up abit and after untapping wiring i followed the red wire with yellow strip and it looped back up the wiring harness and was joined with 2 other red with yellow strip wires.

took tape off the connector and wires were so corroded they were dust on the end. so re cut them and soldered them. taped it back up and now doors work and mirrors work now

was worth it, no door locks suck when alarm always sets and doors stayed unlocked.

thanks for all the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts