NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow VW nuts,

39.939450,-82.876250 is my garage.

I am available Evenings & Saturdays for light maintenance work on your Beetles. I used to own two of them so I am familiar with the cramped quarters.

I am set up to do timing belts, Brakes, Suspensions, Intake Cleanings on the TDI, (I have owned two ALH TDIs) VAG COM scans & adjustments, (no CAN BUS cars (2005+) yet)
oil changes? sure. Ill treat your VW like my own. Tune ups? sure. vacuum lines. no problem.

Best to send me a PM to schedule something if needed.

Aaron

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Damn, I wish i was closer. This sounds like it would be insanely fun for a weekly or bi-weekly thing. Not to mention i've got work i need to get done that i've just been putting off because I don't want to do it myself.

·
2,646 Posts
Do you do cleaning and detailing?;)

That's the stuff I hate.:eek:

I'd rather mess with a nasty greasy CV joint than wax my NB!:D

4 x 10 sounds really nice. :thup:

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
I totally wish I was closer to you, bud. I could use an EGR adjustment in VAG-Com, an intake cleaning, oil change, and will need a timing belt in about 5k miles.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya but if you are in WA you are close enough to Oldpoopie and the guys up there that I would head to them If I was you.

are you on TDIclub? whats your name there>? I am the same name in both places to keep it simple.

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
My handle on TDIclub is 02dzlbtl. (Edit: I hardly ever go to TDIclub unless I need something. I come here for fun and friends.) I think once I get some cash in hand I'll start investigating members in my area, or perhaps on the west side of the state.

But I'd totally go to you if I could! (is that a good enough plug? :D)

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Very interesting...

Aa - I might be needin some help. I seem to have the power steering leak stopped for now anyway. My dad is supposedly getting me new Timken bearings all the way around for my car. Know how to change those out? My car is also now, seemingly always, in hard limp mode. I'd like to be able to fix that without tossing money at it - like buy a new KO4 turbo that'll do it...

Maybe sometime over my Christmas break?

Might try to give ya a call.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aa - I might be needin some help. I seem to have the power steering leak stopped for now anyway. My dad is supposedly getting me new Timken bearings all the way around for my car. Know how to change those out? My car is also now, seemingly always, in hard limp mode. I'd like to be able to fix that without tossing money at it - like buy a new KO4 turbo that'll do it...

Maybe sometime over my Christmas break?

Might try to give ya a call.
Dave,

PM Sent

Aaron

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Customer comment, from this post
http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/showpost.php?p=486860&postcount=11

Thanks man! Appreciate the props!

...Credit should be given to Growler, he is outstanding at taking care of these TDI engines. He did a great job cleaning the intake & swapping the nozzles on my dads tdi jetta. My dad watched him do this stuff, and now he supervised/told me how to do it.

I would be taking my beetle to him if I wasn't so broke.

If you are anywhere near columbus,oh and wan't someone to due this junk for you, he's the best in terms of quality & price.

sorry for the diversion/side topic/sales pitch, just felt guilty if somebody actually thought I could figure this stuff out on my own.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Top notch work, and I left a feedback in the feedback area.

·
Diesel Freak
596 Posts
Man I wish you were a bit closer Aaron. I desperately need my TB done and my race pipe installed.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you are about 3 hours from both Oilhammer and Paramedick on tdiclub.

Oilhammer is in St. Louis

Paramedick is in Versailles KY.

I couldn't recommend either of these guys higher.

Paramedick would probably be cheaper overall for the same quality service as he works out of his home garage vs out of a shop like oilhammer.

do give them both a PM on TDI club and ask what costs would be.

·
Diesel Freak
596 Posts
Yeah I have talked with both Brian and Bruce. Both great guys for sure. Brian fixed up the bug after I hit that curb on the ice two winters ago.

Problem is, like you said... Brian is in a shop, and they wont allow you to bring your own parts... which I already have.

Bruce, for insurance purposes (which I suppose I understand) wont let me help on the TB change. I am VERY mechanically inclined. I grew up on a farm and have been fixing crap for years. I just don't have the tools for this, and want someone who has been there before at least looking over my shoulder my first time.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so come to a GTG where I will be and I will supervise you.

there is one in Lima OH on march 14th
One in Johnstown OH scheduled for April 18th.
and one in Fowlerville MI on July 25th
and Impexfest in early May.

other than that, if you wanna come up here for a weekend, I could supervise if you like, but bear in mind I will most likely be working on another car at the same time. unless you wanna come up on a sunday.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you really feel like coming down I can hook it up and see what there is to see, but it wont tell you anything that auto zone or advanced auto parts cant tell you with their actron readers.

I cannot even guarantee if it will read ANYTHING because I have only ever hooked it up to VWs. never really thought to try, and I dont have my chevy anymore to test it on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts